20 years of Nintendo Power

Anything gaming-related that doesn't fit anywhere else, or covers a wide span of years not specific to the other forums

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos, Darryl B.

Carlos

20 years of Nintendo Power

Post by Carlos »

So while checking out the gaming magazines at Barnes & Noble the other day, I came across a special edition of Nintento Power called "20 Years of Nintendo Power". It pretty much covers last 20 years of Nintendo's history through the pages of Nintendo Power. Each chapter is a different console. It covers NES, Game Boy (including Pocket, Color), Super NES, Nintendo 64, Game Boy Advance, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, and there's even a chapter dedicated to the Virtual Boy and "Ultra 64" arcade system. There's also mini sections that talk about The Birth of Pokemon, Super Mario 64 and the Start of 3D gaming, every Zelda game, and the Wii and DS "revolution". The best part of the this special edition is that each chapter has pictures and scans from old Nintendo Power issues talking about the top games and accessories, and even shows some of the old maps, tips and tricks, and even a few of the memorable Howard & Nester comics.

I may be a diehard Sega fan, but I found this to be a very good read that brought back a lot of fond childhood memories. Definitely got me interested in collecting Nintendo systems again after I finish off my Sega collection. For $10, it's a great read for any Nintendo fan. :nescartridge:

TwinChargers

Re: 20 years of Nintendo Power

Post by TwinChargers »

$10 for a magazine seems a bit steep, but I might just have to splurge and pick one up. Probably read if for a few minutes to see if I'm interested though first. I like reading about the history of video game companies though, so it seems like a probable buy.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm a NP completest, so I'll be picking one up off of Ebay someday.But there's no way in hell I'm spending ten bucks on that book. I leafed through it at Barnes and Noble and all I saw were literally just scans from old issues, of which I own pretty much a complete set. It was pretty thin, too.

For ten bucks I'd expect a mag twice the size, with in depth interviews and articles from the old days. Not a cut and paste hack job.

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Yeah, I though $10 was a bit steep for what it offers, but I still think it's a decent read if you're a fan of Nintendo. :mario: