The complete list of classic video gaming forums

Anything gaming-related that doesn't fit anywhere else, or covers a wide span of years not specific to the other forums

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos, Darryl B.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

The complete list of classic video gaming forums

Post by Zap! »

I'm trying to compile a complete list of classic video game forums on the web. The only requirement I'll ask is that the forums must be mainly classic-related. Let's not count modern gaming forums with one section devoted to retro gaming, or forums that focus on just one system. Here's what I've come up with so far, please add to the list:

Digital Press Retrogaming Roundtable One of the oldest classic gaming boards on the web, about a decade old. Run by Joe Santulli, founder of Digital Press fanzine and owner of DP Video Games store in NJ.

AtariAge Forums Don't let the name fool you, it is not just Atari, but mainly classic in general. Al's board has also been up for about a decade, and is huge.

Zap! Classic Video Game Forums This one started last year, and is run by Ter Micharoni, founder of Zap! fanzine (1991-1993). Has many different sub-forum topics.

Retro Gamer forum Not many sub-forums, but has a huge amount of posts.

GameGavel forums The all video game auction site's forums.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

triverse

Re: The complete list of classic video gaming forums

Post by triverse »

I won't put a link to it here since I am not sure you would count Out-of-Print Archive as a retro gaming site (it focuses on old gaming magazines, mainly nothing newer than Dreamcast is allowed).

On topic though, I have one that you didn't list so far:

The Retro League (http://www.theretroleague.com)
http://www.theretroleague.freeforums.org/

They are a gaming podcast that focuses on, well, retro gaming.