Games you hate that everyone else likes

Anything gaming-related that doesn't fit anywhere else, or covers a wide span of years not specific to the other forums

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos, Darryl B.

Rob

Re: Games you hate that everyone else likes

Post by Rob »

On Wii Sports, I am a tennis guy. I don't like boxing much at all. Bowling is great too. Baseball and golf are ok. Will you be getting Punch-Out!! Wii? You don't look forward to punching out King Hippo with your own fists?

Which Star Wars game did you hate? I loved Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, but it was a bit easy.
Was Force Unleashed the animation style lightsaber game? I played it on vs. mode and had a Wii Boxing flashback. All I did was point the Wiimote at my closet door and I kept annihilating my nephew.

I like all of the Wii Sports games except for boxing. The only thing wrong with that game is that it doesn't hold much replay value for me. I played it non-stop when it came out, now I don't even want to look at it. On the other hand the Mario Kart games I can play all day every day and never get sick of them.

I do look forward to the new Punch Out. I seriously hope the controls aren't all over the place like Wii Boxing. I missed not having an installment on the N64 and Gamecube. Hell, I'd have taken a DS sequel over nothing. So yeah, I'm excited but apprehensive at the same time.

One of the great mysteries to me is why Nintendo never tried to make this a franchise like Zelda, Metroid, Mario or Donkey Kong games. Punch Out and Super Punch Out are some of the most well loved games of all time.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:
On Wii Sports, I am a tennis guy. I don't like boxing much at all. Bowling is great too. Baseball and golf are ok. Will you be getting Punch-Out!! Wii? You don't look forward to punching out King Hippo with your own fists?

Which Star Wars game did you hate? I loved Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, but it was a bit easy.
Was Force Unleashed the animation style lightsaber game? I played it on vs. mode and had a Wii Boxing flashback. All I did was point the Wiimote at my closet door and I kept annihilating my nephew.

I like all of the Wii Sports games except for boxing. The only thing wrong with that game is that it doesn't hold much replay value for me. I played it non-stop when it came out, now I don't even want to look at it. On the other hand the Mario Kart games I can play all day every day and never get sick of them.

I do look forward to the new Punch Out. I seriously hope the controls aren't all over the place like Wii Boxing. I missed not having an installment on the N64 and Gamecube. Hell, I'd have taken a DS sequel over nothing. So yeah, I'm excited but apprehensive at the same time.

One of the great mysteries to me is why Nintendo never tried to make this a franchise like Zelda, Metroid, Mario or Donkey Kong games. Punch Out and Super Punch Out are some of the most well loved games of all time.
No, Force Unleased was about a secret apprentice Darth Vader trained after Episode III to take on Sidious. Very good game.

There will be a new add-on to the Wiimote in the coming months giving it full motion. It will reportedly come with Wii Sports II, and be 360 degrees of full motion. Looks awesome. Hopefully, Punch-Out!! Wii will use these features. Perhaps it'll also feature classic controls.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

Not that I hate it, but I got tired of Galaga years ago. Yes, it's one of the best bottom of the screen shooters of all time, just tired of it, is all.
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Although I certainly don't hate Sonic, I never could understand why he replaced Alex Kidd. I LOVED the Kidd's games! :Alex-Punch:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

Ter wrote:Although I certainly don't hate Sonic, I never could understand why he replaced Alex Kidd. I LOVED the Kidd's games! :Alex-Punch:
Funny you say that...I always hated Sonic, only because I felt it was terribly repetitive with little depth. It's surprising the series went so far, to be honest. It's not a bad game, but why it was so popular...boggles the mind.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Ahhh, Alex Kidd. He was just too bland a mascot for me. I'm not a huge Sonic fan, but I do believe he was the better mascot, and fit more in line with the image Sega was going for at the time.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:Ahhh, Alex Kidd. He was just too bland a mascot for me. I'm not a huge Sonic fan, but I do believe he was the better mascot, and fit more in line with the image Sega was going for at the time.
I loved Alex Kidd as a mascot even more than Mario. In fact I loved Sega more when it was a serious company from 1986 to 1989, before they became "cool" and influenced by MTV. As a mascot, how about this guy: :opaopa:

Rob

Post by Rob »

I'll pass. :)

gamemaster

Post by gamemaster »

Ok i hate RPG games i have all of them hate them i like fighting games :contra:

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

gamemaster wrote:Ok i hate RPG games i have all of them hate them i like fighting games :contra:
How about semi-RPG? You know, games that have RPG overtones but are not true RPG's. Games like this guy is in: :Link_slash:

RegalSin
Banned

Post by RegalSin »

I hate Kingdom HEarts the fact it is just a shotty Secret Of Mana.

Capcom since it stopped production of the Rockman Zero series and decided to make RE5 without Shinji at helm.

Anything in Hypo 3d on the Wussy Station Three, The Weed, or the Sex Box 360 position.

Any game with Stereotypical references used wrongly. Take games with Rapper fighting each other but Rockstars fight with there music.

The Get Ready to Rumble that is basically Celebraty death match. I mean WTNun skinny billy in this game.

Pokemon on the Gba. Nintendo gave one big finger to all the original users knowing there battery was going die and not allowing cross over. These idiots at the poke center ( some guy with Koolade on his shirt ) told me -they can't trade since that is for the GB and this the GBA....I mean
WHAT IN GODS NAME DAGNABIT. I wanted to beat the living tar out of everybody joining Pokemon community and ....

Phantasy Star Online....got BSOD three times.

WHen I first joined.- By HaXor morons.
WHen I collected all the items the first time- By some duce in Europe
WHen did it the second time.- By some :gng-reaper-run: named ROSE1/2 ( calling me cheater when they BSOD me dew to the fact I am foreinger. :gamer:

THen some idiot said ( you can avoid BSOD if you delete you call cards ) . I did and then I never played the game again.

Killer7 Ultimate dissapointment. I mean Where does Shinji get off producing a game where you go back into a room to find the same enemy. Okay If this was Famicom but man I felt so ripped off I returned back for a refund and brought it when it was twenty.

Dance Dance Revolution--while it is cool and such it is a big scam. They make DDR moves to music and people get brainwashed into listening to the music on it. Also the music is sooooo olddd BUT BEING IT IS FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY WHO IS NOT USA and play Karoke like the slip and slide ride .

Hybrid Heavan- Great game but not a hit.

Every Final Fantasy in 3d. I mean WTF Sqauresoft. They had everything going nicely and they decide to go commercial. The series is so watered down that it is showing it's true colors.
A DAD replica but shining with Japanese influence. Like how Dragon Quest is really a DAD game with Japanese characters but backwards.

Boring Boring Boring boring.............I mean they used the same thing with other games on the Gameboy, SNES, Nes, and so forth. Sqaure died not the fact they were cool but the fact they thought they could ride one gravey train to the bank. A bloody Orchestra in there houror.

Super Mario Brothers....Since after all of that all you get is a stinking world tour and half a tune. Then I think you get a bit of information about enemies on the second go ( I forget ).
I would play my brains out on this thing way back then. I can't believe how much time I wasted.
Just walk away and you can live. Just walk away and it all can be over. Dont bother responding.

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

I trully...despise....with a passion...

GHOST AND GOBLINS

I mean, what the hell? Why would anyone love torturing themselves playing that game? It's not fun to play when I die every FIVE SECONDS! If they would only give Arthur a life meter, then maybe things would have been different. I enjoyed the SMS version of Ghouls and Ghosts for this reason: it made it accessible for me. But any other version....UGH!

FINAL FANTASY 7

Don't get me wrong...I like this game. But why is it that stupid fanboys go nuts and have orgasms whenever this game is talked about? It's not the best game ever made! I loved Xenogears infinitely more, because it has one helluva storyline. But FF7, although good, is given so much praise that makes me sick. And at GameFaqs...talk bad about it and you have a hit on your head...

Stupid GameFaqs...

Rob

Post by Rob »

I feel your pain. :)

My girlfriend is a huge fan of FF7, and I just don't get it. Maybe I'm missing something.