The Irate Gamer thread

Anything gaming-related that doesn't fit anywhere else, or covers a wide span of years not specific to the other forums

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos, Darryl B.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

The Irate Gamer thread

Post by Zap! »

I know a lot of people don't like him and think he's a bite off of The Angry Video Game Nerd, but I think he's ok. Here's his review of Kool-Aid Man.

One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

megasdkirby

Re: The Irate Gamer thread

Post by megasdkirby »

Honestly, he isn't that bad.

He is no AVGN, but his vids are fun to watch. Much more than that alexander88 or something guy that thinks he is funny, when in fact he isn't.

I really like Kool-Aid man back in the day. I would love to find a CIB copy (decently priced) for both the Atari 2600 and Intellivision.

But I also need an Intelli... :)

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

megasdkirby wrote:Honestly, he isn't that bad.

He is no AVGN, but his vids are fun to watch. Much more than that alexander88 or something guy that thinks he is funny, when in fact he isn't.

I really like Kool-Aid man back in the day. I would love to find a CIB copy (decently priced) for both the Atari 2600 and Intellivision.

But I also need an Intelli... :)
Yeah, Alexander (aka the Game Dude) is pretty bad. As for Kool-Aid Man, I always wanted that game and asked for it as a kid in the early 80's, but for some reason never got it. Perhaps my parents couldn't find it?
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

Didn't people have to send away for Kool Aid man with Kool Aid UPC codes or something like that?
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

MaximumRD wrote:Didn't people have to send away for Kool Aid man with Kool Aid UPC codes or something like that?
That explains it then! :) I don't think my parents wanted to go through the trouble of mailing a check or money order in the mail when they could just go to the store and buy me another game. Either that or I didn't tell them it was mail-order only.

Rob

Post by Rob »

I hate that guy (Irate Gamer). He's one of those guys that if in real life was sitting next to me, I would be seized with this uncontrollable urge to punch in the mouth. Something about him grates my nerves.

Re: Kool Aid Man on Atari: it's actually not a bad game. It's one of those funky Intellivision carts with the Atari adapter on the end (I always hated those). I still have my original game (sans box) and I'm pretty sure my parents bought it at K-Mart. I rarely ever got new games unless they were in the clearance bin, so it's a safe bet that that's where this one came from.