Games you like that everyone else hates

Anything gaming-related that doesn't fit anywhere else, or covers a wide span of years not specific to the other forums

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos, Darryl B.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Games you like that everyone else hates

Post by Zap! »

Every once in a while, I disagree with the majority about gaming. I loved Rambo for the NES. Apparently, some people hate The Goonies II also, and I loved that too. So, how about you guys?
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Jakenut86

Re: Games you like that everyone else hates, or vice versa

Post by Jakenut86 »

I like Resident Evil 2, Duke 3D, Williams Arcade Classics, Wheel of Fortune, Scrabble, Monopoly, Frogger, Centipede, Lights out, and a few other games for the Game.Com but I don't know anyone else who does.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Jakenut86 wrote:I like Resident Evil 2, Duke 3D, Williams Arcade Classics, Wheel of Fortune, Scrabble, Monopoly, Frogger, Centipede, Lights out, and a few other games for the Game.Com but I don't know anyone else who does.
I can't comment because I never played one.

How about Hoops? I always liked that one.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Rob

Post by Rob »

What surprises me is the lack of love for From Russia With Love. When it comes to James Bond games, it's Goldeneye, Goldeneye, Goldeneye, but From Russia With Love to me beats the pants off of that game. Everybody that I've had play it is surprised at how good the game is, especially the multiplayer. I can't even play Goldeneye anymore, the graphics and interface are so weak I get a headache trying to play it. Not to mention that FRWL uses the voice and likeness of SEAN FRIKKIN" CONNERY.

I know everyone loves the Metal Gear series, but even when it was on the NES this is one franchise I could never get into. Add to that just about every RPG except for the first three Zelda games, and Madden titles. I absolutely loath anything with the Final Fantasy logo on it.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:What surprises me is the lack of love for From Russia With Love. When it comes to James Bond games, it's Goldeneye, Goldeneye, Goldeneye, but From Russia With Love to me beats the pants off of that game. Everybody that I've had play it is surprised at how good the game is, especially the multiplayer. I can't even play Goldeneye anymore, the graphics and interface are so weak I get a headache trying to play it. Not to mention that FRWL uses the voice and likeness of SEAN FRIKKIN" CONNERY.

I know everyone loves the Metal Gear series, but even when it was on the NES this is one franchise I could never get into. Add to that just about every RPG except for the first three Zelda games, and Madden titles. I absolutely loath anything with the Final Fantasy logo on it.
I started a new topic, so we'll talk about games you hate that everyone likes in there. :)

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: Games you like that everyone else hates

Post by Zap! »

I love Raiders of the Lost Ark for the 2600. I recently found out people don't like the game and I can't believe it.

Rob

Post by Rob »

It was a pretty inventive title for the time, but I hate the two joysticks thing. Other than that the game was solid.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:It was a pretty inventive title for the time, but I hate the two joysticks thing. Other than that the game was solid.
I think that's more of the 2600's fault than the game. There was only so much you could to with one button. :D

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

Sub-Terrania for the Genesis. I've seen that up for trades before on other sites, people can't get the hang out of the constant losing of their fuel. But then, the basics of that are like Gravitar, which I also like. So that's probably why.

Ram It for the 2600, which none of my friends could figure out how to play, they'd panic when the bars would close in and could never get past the first screen. Just clear out an entire SIDE first off, then go from there...not too hard until the later levels.
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

I always liked Breakthru on the NES. My favorite easy game ever (or one of them, heh).

nathanallan1

Post by nathanallan1 »

I have had people tell me they hate Slave Zero on the Dreamcast, but I like it. The only thing about it are the load screens, they get to me. But gameplay is fun.
http://www.gamegavel.com RULES!

Covering the world in Genesis goodness!

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

I also liked (and completed) E.T. and Raider of the Lost Ark for 2600.
I LOVED Shenmue and completed it, loved Shenmue 2 but have yet to complete it, now if your wondering, people either LOVE OR HATE SHENMUE, I was amazed at the graphics and scope when I first played it on Dreamcast...................
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

MaximumRD wrote:I also liked (and completed) E.T. and Raider of the Lost Ark for 2600.
I LOVED Shenmue and completed it, loved Shenmue 2 but have yet to complete it, now if your wondering, people either LOVE OR HATE SHENMUE, I was amazed at the graphics and scope when I first played it on Dreamcast...................
It was like that with me as well. I hated Shenmue at first, thinking it was extremely boring. Then one day I decided to give it a shot...and now it's one of the best games I have ever played. Ever. I really hope they make part III...heck, I will even buy any console it comes out for, even if I don't care for it!

I kinda enjoyed Xena for the N64. I always hated Gran Theft Auto...go fig.

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

It was like that with me as well. I hated Shenmue at first, thinking it was extremely boring. Then one day I decided to give it a shot...and now it's one of the best games I have ever played. Ever. I really hope they make part III...heck, I will even buy any console it comes out for, even if I don't care for it!

I kinda enjoyed Xena for the N64. I always hated Gran Theft Auto...go fig.
That is so funny, yeah when I started Shenmue I wasn't into that type of game at all, I also thought it was slow, clunky and boring but then a funny thing, the more I played, the better I got at the controls, the story got more interesting then I actually started dreaming about the game lol! While at work I would start thinking "Gee I wonder what is going to happen when I meet that guy at the Tea house tomorrow at 3pm?" etc, the game slowly took over my life LOL! There was just nothing like it up to that point............

Yeah, Xena was a guilty pleasure of mine to.
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

Super Pac-Man. People have decried that game for years, saying "it's NOT Pac-Man, you don't eat dots!" Well, it's more intuitive than Pac-Man, what with having to eat keys to unlock parts of the maze(s) to survive. The game was still a bit of fun to me, despite it supposedly being a monstrosity in the Pac-Man world (nyeh! :bootyshake: )
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Time Killers. I think everyone hated that gorey arcade game but me. I spent so many quarters on that in the local comic store I was broke.

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

I'm so gonna get burnt by this (:p) but here goes...

One game I liked was the GB version of Rocky and Bullwinkle!

Sure, it was slow as hell. Hit detection sucked bad. Incredibly hard...but for some reason I stuck with it. I remember finishing the game over and over again!

Maybe I was just forced to like the game...

Rob

Post by Rob »

Ter wrote:Time Killers. I think everyone hated that gorey arcade game but me. I spent so many quarters on that in the local comic store I was broke.
Time Killers rocked. I played that game for hours once, on free play mode. One of the guys that worked at the arcade must have forgotten to reset it, so me and a bunch of kids raped that machine for all it was worth. :)

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:
Ter wrote:Time Killers. I think everyone hated that gorey arcade game but me. I spent so many quarters on that in the local comic store I was broke.
Time Killers rocked. I played that game for hours once, on free play mode. One of the guys that worked at the arcade must have forgotten to reset it, so me and a bunch of kids raped that machine for all it was worth. :)
I heard there was a sequel of spinoff of some sort, but I never played it. It's a shame that it was only released for the Genesis. That version just didn't do it justice.