Plug 'N' Play systems

Anything gaming-related that doesn't fit anywhere else, or covers a wide span of years not specific to the other forums

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos, Darryl B.

TwinChargers

Plug 'N' Play systems

Post by TwinChargers »

Walgreens has a Plug-N-Play joypad that has about 100 NES games on it. Its not licensed by Nintendo, so it is clearly a pirated controller. Sells for about $10 if I recall. Seems very odd that a reputable company like Walgreens would sell something like this, but I guess this corperation let this fly under the radar. Couldn't recommend this controller more!
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: NOAC

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:Walgreens has a Plug-N-Play joypad that has about 100 NES games on it. Its not licensed by Nintendo, so it is clearly a pirated controller. Sells for about $10 if I recall. Seems very odd that a reputable company like Walgreens would sell something like this, but I guess this corperation let this fly under the radar. Couldn't recommend this controller more!
Yeah, I guess it's hard for Nintendo to keep track of it all and let them know it's unlicensed and pirated. Did you pick it up? If yes, what country is it from?
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Ter wrote:
TwinChargers wrote:Walgreens has a Plug-N-Play joypad that has about 100 NES games on it. Its not licensed by Nintendo, so it is clearly a pirated controller. Sells for about $10 if I recall. Seems very odd that a reputable company like Walgreens would sell something like this, but I guess this corperation let this fly under the radar. Couldn't recommend this controller more!
Yeah, I guess it's hard for Nintendo to keep track of it all and let them know it's unlicensed and pirated. Did you pick it up? If yes, what country is it from?
Darn right I picked it up. It was made by a company called Senario based in Woodstock, Illinios. Oddly enough though, it says it was made in China. Its called 101 Games in 1. They have a website, http://senario.com/, but its been under construction for the last 6 months.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:
Ter wrote:
Darn right I picked it up. It was made by a company called Senario based in Woodstock, Illinios. Oddly enough though, it says it was made in China. Its called 101 Games in 1. They have a website, http://senario.com/, but its been under construction for the last 6 months.
I'm going tonight to pick it up. Wish me luck in finding it!
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Best of luck Ter! Your gonna have to give your review of the system. I think the thing is great for what it is. Sure the d-pad is slightly mushy, but it still controls quite well. Having 101 games for about $10 cannot be beat though.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

I just got back from my local Walgreens. They did not have the one 100 in 1 you mentioned. I bought the only one they had, a 50 in 1 for $13.79. It is by dreamGEAR, and called simply Plug'N'Play. Please post a pic of yours if possible, and the exact name. Here is mine. Gotta open it now:

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

I have no clue where my camera is, but it is Specifically called 101 Games in 1 made by Senario Games. Its a grey controller with and orgish yellow d-pad and buttons. The select, start and reset buttons found in the middle of the controller are a light purple. I threw out the plastic package it came in, but I believe it had Arkanoid on the cover. I also recall that it wasn't hanging on a peg hook, but it was on one of there risers in a tray that was full of them.

As for the one you purchased, I hope you enjoy it, I've heard bad things, you'll have to review it unless it isn't too late to return it.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: Plug 'N' Play systems

Post by Zap! »

I spit this topic into its own separate one. Anyway...

After hearing about that 50 in 1 and how the games are all bad, I didn't even bother opening it. I went to another Walgreens and found the 101 in 1. I bought the last two, one to play and one to put away, unopened. One rang up $9.99, and the other $4.99 (discounted if you buy two I guess). I just briefly played several games, but so far so good, I'm having a lot of fun. Are they all Nintendo/Famicom games, or are some not? The title screens so far are all modified, with the copyrights and years removed. Strange how this is allowed in a major store for several months now. Anyway, here's a pic of the packaging:

nathanallan1

Post by nathanallan1 »

I looked in two different Walgreen's here and couldn't find it. They had the DreamGear thing, though, and I'm still gonna see if a couple of the other stores have it.

Maybe tomorrow I'll find it.
http://www.gamegavel.com RULES!

Covering the world in Genesis goodness!

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

Hah, that's funny, I was just at Walgreens the other night and saw that (the so-called "Dreamgear" one) as I was killing time for my next bus to come around :D

Even when the 'legit' Plug and Play companies (like Jakks) come out with several of these units a year it's hard to find them as it is. Some stores are a bit iffy in keeping them in stock. But then, Christmas WAS recently, so it's no surprise that some of these are hard to find at this time of year, they might be restocked soon. I'd try checking back at your local stores in the coming weeks if you want something bad enough.
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Check out different isles. Although I found my 101-in-one in the toy isle, some have had better luck finding it in other areas, such as the Christmas section or high up on random isles. I will say this, it is definitely worth $10, even if a lot of the games are what the Angry Video Game Nerd would love to review. :)

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Any updates, guys? Grab it while you can, it may be taken off the shelves if Nintendo finds out. How about a video, MaximumRD?