Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Let's talk about the Halcyon, Colorvision, Bandai Pippin and others you probably never heard of

Moderator: Darryl B.

User avatar
Zap!
Zap! Commander
Posts: 1680
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:37 am
Location: Staten Island, New York
Contact:

Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby Zap! » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:42 am

Probably rarer than the Adventurevision, but worth less. Very similar design.

Image
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
Rob
Moderator
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:51 am
Location: NC

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Sadly, no. I've hunted one for a while now. The ones I see are either too expensive or in bad shape.

User avatar
Zap!
Zap! Commander
Posts: 1680
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:37 am
Location: Staten Island, New York
Contact:

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby Zap! » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:46 am

Rob wrote:Sadly, no. I've hunted one for a while now. The ones I see are either too expensive or in bad shape.


How much did you see them going for? At least you heard of it, many haven't.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
Darryl B.
Moderator
Posts: 573
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:19 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby Darryl B. » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Weird, when did it come out? How many games for it?
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

megasdkirby
Moderator
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby megasdkirby » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:50 pm

Very nice unit.

Is it like an LCD handheld game but with interchangeable game carts?

User avatar
Rob
Moderator
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:51 am
Location: NC

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:21 pm

Ter wrote:
Rob wrote:Sadly, no. I've hunted one for a while now. The ones I see are either too expensive or in bad shape.


How much did you see them going for? At least you heard of it, many haven't.



I've seen them go for around 1,000 dollars, nothing over 1200 that I can recall. There was a damaged one on Ebay last summer that I was bidding on that walked at 500.00. It worked, but the cabinet looked like somebody used it to play soccer.

Believe it or not, I've seen more Adventurevisions on Ebay than I have Colorvisions.

Edit: Way to answer a question three months late, me. :)

User avatar
Zap!
Zap! Commander
Posts: 1680
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:37 am
Location: Staten Island, New York
Contact:

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby Zap! » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:27 pm

Rob wrote:
Ter wrote:
Rob wrote:Sadly, no. I've hunted one for a while now. The ones I see are either too expensive or in bad shape.


How much did you see them going for? At least you heard of it, many haven't.



I've seen them go for around 1,000 dollars, nothing over 1200 that I can recall. There was a damaged one on Ebay last summer that I was bidding on that walked at 500.00. It worked, but the cabinet looked like somebody used it to play soccer.

Believe it or not, I've seen more Adventurevisions on Ebay than I have Colorvisions.

Edit: Way to answer a question three months late, me. :)


Are you positive? I have seen them loose in good condition for around $250, and boxed (box bad condition) for in the $400 range. I have no dount they are rarer than the Adventurevision. The AV's rarity is vastly overrated. As many as 50,000 were sold (or 10,000, the number varies between the two in searches).
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
Zap!
Zap! Commander
Posts: 1680
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:37 am
Location: Staten Island, New York
Contact:

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby Zap! » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:44 am

This 1984 tabletop system looks a lot like the Entex Adventurevision, but it is reportedly even rarer. Unlike the Adventurevision, each game has an LCD built-into it, and was never released in the US. At least 5 games were made for it: Beasts Planet, Horror House, Jungle Boy, Monster Chase (pack-in), and Submarine. Depending on the country, it was either made by Romtec, Bristol, Bazin, Altic, and possibly others. The Romtec one seems to be by far the most known, followed by the Bristol.

I ordered one yesterday from England (Bristol, boxed), and it should be coming within the next two weeks, but I have some questions: Who here has one? Is there a registry? What exactly is this thing worth, and how many were sold/still exist? Did any other companies market them, and were they released outside of Europe? Any info at all on this system would be greatly appreciated! :)

Handheld Museum Colorvision article
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
Zap!
Zap! Commander
Posts: 1680
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:37 am
Location: Staten Island, New York
Contact:

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby Zap! » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:55 pm

It finally arrived today! It comes with the game Monster Chase (called Chasse Aux Monstres here). Apparently, the Bristol version I have is French. The game is simple, like those LED games from the very early 80's. The system reflects the game off mirrors, and it is very simple. Here are pics I took real quick. The box is beat up, but it's all there. No instructions or inserts, but the system is in flawless condition, battery cover and all.

Image


Image
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
Carlos
Moderator
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:15 am
Location: Flower Mound, TX
Contact:

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby Carlos » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:50 pm

Nice catch!
Image
Image

User avatar
Zap!
Zap! Commander
Posts: 1680
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:37 am
Location: Staten Island, New York
Contact:

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby Zap! » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:23 pm

Carlos wrote:Nice catch!


Thanks. I'm really having a hard time finding much info on it. I've read some stuff on the web, but still can't find out how how many were made/sold, rarity level (has to be AT LEAST a 9, I'd guess), and how many countries it was released in.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
Darryl B.
Moderator
Posts: 573
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:19 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby Darryl B. » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:58 pm

Wow, box and all included!
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

User avatar
Zap!
Zap! Commander
Posts: 1680
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:37 am
Location: Staten Island, New York
Contact:

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby Zap! » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Darryl B. wrote:Wow, box and all included!


Yeah, no instructions though. I'm gonna try and make a video of it in action, as none appear to be on Youtube. Wish I had a real video camera, I will be making it with my camera with video option on.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

physics223
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:12 am

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby physics223 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:09 am

I want to buy one. :(

I actually don't even mind if it's loose or incomplete, as long as it has some games with it that I could play. For a boxed system at $400, can I get a loose one with a cart or two at about $200-$250?

I actually like this more than the Adventure Vision.

User avatar
Zap!
Zap! Commander
Posts: 1680
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:37 am
Location: Staten Island, New York
Contact:

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby Zap! » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:05 pm

physics223 wrote:I want to buy one. :(

I actually don't even mind if it's loose or incomplete, as long as it has some games with it that I could play. For a boxed system at $400, can I get a loose one with a cart or two at about $200-$250?

I actually like this more than the Adventure Vision.


Well, the problem is finding them. They are almost never on eBay. Only once have I seen one, and that is when I did a BIN and snatched it up. You see more Adventurevisions than this on eBay.

BTW, welcome to the board. Feel free to post in the Introductions forum! :)
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
Darryl B.
Moderator
Posts: 573
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:19 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby Darryl B. » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:42 pm

^Or any other board, for that matter!

And good like trying to find this system, it's going to be difficult.
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

physics223
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:12 am

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby physics223 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:38 am

Ter wrote:
physics223 wrote:I want to buy one. :(

I actually don't even mind if it's loose or incomplete, as long as it has some games with it that I could play. For a boxed system at $400, can I get a loose one with a cart or two at about $200-$250?

I actually like this more than the Adventure Vision.


Well, the problem is finding them. They are almost never on eBay. Only once have I seen one, and that is when I did a BIN and snatched it up. You see more Adventurevisions than this on eBay.

BTW, welcome to the board. Feel free to post in the Introductions forum! :)


What's a BIN?

User avatar
Zap!
Zap! Commander
Posts: 1680
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:37 am
Location: Staten Island, New York
Contact:

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby Zap! » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:13 pm

physics223 wrote:
Ter wrote:
physics223 wrote:I want to buy one. :(

I actually don't even mind if it's loose or incomplete, as long as it has some games with it that I could play. For a boxed system at $400, can I get a loose one with a cart or two at about $200-$250?

I actually like this more than the Adventure Vision.


Well, the problem is finding them. They are almost never on eBay. Only once have I seen one, and that is when I did a BIN and snatched it up. You see more Adventurevisions than this on eBay.

BTW, welcome to the board. Feel free to post in the Introductions forum! :)


What's a BIN?


Buy It Now, common on eBay.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

physics223
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:12 am

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby physics223 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:16 pm

Can you magnify the blurb or pictures at the back of the box? I'm interested at what other games it offered. :) A video would be very nice as well! :D

physics223
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:12 am

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Postby physics223 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:40 am

Do you have a video of it on action now? hehe ... I'd like to see it at work!


Return to “The Ultra-Obscure”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest