Famicom and Super Famicom

Gaming from other countries

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos

Carlos

Famicom and Super Famicom

Post by Carlos »

So I'm going to the Screw Attack Gaming Convention 4th of July weekend, and outside of meeting Nolan Bushnell (gonna get a 2600 just for the sole purpose of him signing it), the dealer's room is on the top of my list. I'm praying I can find a Neo-Geo, Super Grafx, or Turbo Duo on the cheap, but I doubt it, so as a backup plan, I'm also looking to maybe to a Famicom (with a disk system would be sweet) and a Super Famicom.

So...what are some good Famicom and Super Famicom games I should look for? Are there any Japanese games that are better or have more features or content than their U.S. counterparts? Any really strange and obscure games that are fun that never made it here? Anything super duper rare I should look for in case I see it in a bargin bin?

I'm kinda hoping I can find Mighty Final Fight for the Fami (looksl like a cross between Final Fight and Mega Man) and thanks to AVGN, the Transformers game. I really wonder if it's as bad and hard as he says it is.

I'm not terribly familiar with Super Famicom games outside of the Final Fights, DragonBall, Sailor Moon, and Final Fantasy games. Sad, I know...

:Yoshilick:

Rob

Re: Famicom and Super Famicom

Post by Rob »

Most Fami/Super Fami games I have aren't the originals, they're emulated. THe Mighty Final FIght game isn't much different from the one we got here on the NES. The Transformers game is absolutely impossible without some sort of cheat hack.

There are some great games that didn't make it over here, but I can't really think of any off the top of my head.