New

Introduce yourself to the world, and explain your video gaming story

Moderators: Rob, Carlos, Darryl B.

1972gsx

New

Post by 1972gsx »

Hello everybody,

I really enjoy playing old games, even though I did not grow up playing them.

I found the link from the turbobuick website. I look forward to getting to have some fun!

:samusrunr:

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: New

Post by Zap! »

1972gsx wrote:Hello everybody,

I really enjoy playing old games, even though I did not grow up playing them.

I found the link from the turbobuick website. I look forward to getting to have some fun!

:samusrunr:
Welcome to the board! I have have owned two Grand Nationals, and miss them both. Favorite car ever. :powersix:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Grand Nationals? Pftt, I'm all about the Monte Carlo.

Anyways, sorry to hijack the thread, and welcome to the board.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:Grand Nationals? Pftt, I'm all about the Monte Carlo.

Same body style (g-body), but why would you prefer a car that (all opinions aside) is slower and worse on gas? Add that to the fact that IMO the GN looks cooler too. A certain awesomeness is associated with a car that only comes in one color: black!

From 2001:

Also from 2001, it attracts the babes. Check out the license plate!

One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Ter wrote:
TwinChargers wrote:Grand Nationals? Pftt, I'm all about the Monte Carlo.

Same body style (g-body), but why would you prefer a car that (all opinions aside) is slower and worse on gas? Add that to the fact that IMO the GN looks cooler too. A certain awesomeness is associated with a car that only comes in one color: black!
While the Grand National is indeed a much sportier automobile than the Monte, I'm all about the affordable luxury that the Monte Carlo brought to the table. Give me a bench seat that feels like your driving on a couch. If I was ever to go the Buick route, I'd most definately get the Riviera. I'm all about the 2 door luxury market, one that has unfortunately disappeared (for the most part) from todays auto market. Wish Caddy would have kept the El Dorado.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:While the Grand National is indeed a much sportier automobile than the Monte, I'm all about the affordable luxury that the Monte Carlo brought to the table. Give me a bench seat that feels like your driving on a couch. If I was ever to go the Buick route, I'd most definately get the Riviera. I'm all about the 2 door luxury market, one that has unfortunately disappeared (for the most part) from todays auto market. Wish Caddy would have kept the El Dorado.
Yes, it was cheaper then and a lot cheaper not, I will give you that. I personally like the bucket seats but that's me. I am also a Star Wars fan, and one of the things said in the 80's was "If Darth Vader drove a car, it would be a Grand National." It's black, mysterious, and a total bad boy. Did you also know it was the fastest mass produced (don't count special editions, but even there the GNX wins) of the 80's? 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, from a big car with only six cylinders.

1972gsx

Post by 1972gsx »

Here is my baby!

And my other one... 1972 Buick GSX tribute

And one more :2_thumbs_up:

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

All of those cars are beautiful but the Granny is my favorite. I have lost my touch a bit (been a few years since I had a GN), so I have to ask what year is it, an '86 or '87? '86 I'll say, because there is some chrome on the grille.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Yes, that GN is a very slick looking automobile.