I'm in

Introduce yourself to the world, and explain your video gaming story

Moderators: Rob, Carlos, Darryl B.

gelkster

I'm in

Post by gelkster »

gelkster here, I'm a longtime member of AtariAge & DigitPress (where I found the link.) I'm 37 & been gaming for 30 yrs but things are changing now & most of my free time is taken up by 10 month old twin boys. Also something happened recently that forced me to sell off most of my collection.

I dont like the current-gen systems but we do have a Wii & I love downloading classic games on Virtual Console. Most of my classic systems are packed away but I hope to re-introduce them to my boys when they're old enough to appreciate them.
Last edited by gelkster on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jakenut86

Re: I'm in

Post by Jakenut86 »

I also really like the Wii's virtual console. :headbang:
_________________________________________________________________________________

Rob

Post by Rob »

Welcome, and my condolences on having to sell off your collection. I've been perilously close a couple of times to having to do the same, so I can sympathize. :atari2600:

gelkster

Post by gelkster »

Well, it's not ALL gone- just some key items that I knew would sell. I'm keeping my SNES, 2600, 7800, Colecovision, Yobo, PS2s (yep, plural) & some other stuff. My sale is going on over at Atariage Marketplace. My name's "RJ" over there.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Welcome! I know how ya feel, I was forced to sell off some stuff last year, and it's the worst feeling in the world. :(
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I feel for ya man. Nothing sucks like having to sell off consoles and games during hard times. I've had to do so quite a few times myself :( Hopefully things will turn around in the new year and I can get my Sega collection back. :sonic:

Welcome to the forums.

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

Welcome aboard, your story is not unlike my own. :occasion14:
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

gelkster

Post by gelkster »

So far (not that it's anything to be proud of) I've sold my Lynx & 11 games, all my Dreamcast games & the fishing controller (I'll miss it :() & a bunch of Jaguar games. I hooked up my Genesis last wkend to see if I really want to keep it; I can't decide. I love Golden Axe 2 & the options in Ms Pac-Man are awesome. But GA2 is on VC, w/ better picture quality & wireless controls! & MS Pac is also on SNES which I'm keeping. Actually most of the Genesis games I have are on SNES too.

Since I have no DC games I'm going to a used game store soon to cash in my DC system & prob. see what they'll offer for my Genesis setup & games. It's been sitting in my sale thread feeling very unwanted.

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Awwww man. Don't sell off the Dreamcast and Genesis! ;) :sonic:

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

I have no DC games either but everytime I think about selling it I change my mind for some reason. I keep telling myself I'm gonna get some games one day.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

I'm a die-hard collector, so I frown apon selling anything, whether I never play it or even if I think it stinks. I only have sold stuff when times were tough last year, but I have turned things around and I'm back to buying.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

gelkster

Post by gelkster »

Well raising 2 twin boys takes up LOTS of free time, the most I can play is Friday my day off but that' spent doing everything else around the house I didnt do the past week. & by Fri afternoon the day has zipped by, it's unbelieveable how fast it goes. My advice is dont have kids til you're damn good & ready for it!

Anyway, as I said Im having trouble deciding to get rid of the Genesis but I only really had the DC for the fishing game & since thats gone now I dont mind selling it. Besides I have so much more stuff to play a system or 3 gone wont matter. Plus we have a somewhat small home & we need all the space we can get.
Last edited by gelkster on Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

I hear you on the kids and free time statement. Have and eight and one year old daughters myself. Wouldn't trade them for the world, but the time I actually spend enjoying my gaming collection is pretty slim. I find I collect and talk gaming a heck of a lot more than I play. That's alright though. When I'm old and gray and they ship me off to the nursing home, I'll have my GameBoy Micro in my pocket and boxes of classic gaming goodness along with me and I'll play it there :D .
These pretzels are making me thirsty!