What's Up?

Introduce yourself to the world, and explain your video gaming story

Moderators: Rob, Carlos, Darryl B.

namzep

What's Up?

Post by namzep »

My name is Matt and I'm from Oklahoma. I, also, saw the posting on the DP forums so I decided to pop over and check it out. I first fell in love with gaming when I received a 2600 in 1985 (at the age of 5) and have gamed almost continually since then. I have a decent sized collection of consoles (from the 2600/Intellivision all the way to the 360/PS3/Wii), handhelds (about a dozen or so), and even a classic computer (Vic-20). I also collect handbills/gaming mags/strategy guides and have a decent sized collection of video gaming swag. I don't do a ton of PC gaming anymore but am eagerly anticipating Diablo 3/Starcraft 2.

Rob

Re: What's Up?

Post by Rob »

Welcome, Matt!

I see we got bit by the Atari bug the same year. Pretty funny when the pundits consider 1985 a "dead" year in videogaming- a year that nobody played videogames, except apparently we guys who are into retrogaming now...

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: What's Up?

Post by Zap! »

namzep wrote:My name is Matt and I'm from Oklahoma. I, also, saw the posting on the DP forums so I decided to pop over and check it out. I first fell in love with gaming when I received a 2600 in 1985 (at the age of 5) and have gamed almost continually since then. I have a decent sized collection of consoles (from the 2600/Intellivision all the way to the 360/PS3/Wii), handhelds (about a dozen or so), and even a classic computer (Vic-20). I also collect handbills/gaming mags/strategy guides and have a decent sized collection of video gaming swag. I don't do a ton of PC gaming anymore but am eagerly anticipating Diablo 3/Starcraft 2.
Welcome to the board!
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube