Hello all!

Introduce yourself to the world, and explain your video gaming story

Moderators: Rob, Carlos, Darryl B.

Rob

Hello all!

Post by Rob »

Kudos to Ter for getting this site up and running!

My name's Rob and I've been a video game addict since around 1985, when I played my first game of Frogger on the 5200. I started amassing a collection even then, as I was one of those kids that couldn't throw anything away so I saved everything and stockpiled it in my parents attic. When I hit my teens, girls and work took priority in my life so the comic books and video games went away for awhile.

About five years ago I started getting heavily back into gaming due to a friend giving me his Dreamcast, along with several Emulator collections. That rekindled the flame and I started re-collecting everything I had as a kid, along with the things I didn't own the first time around (thanks, internet!)

Recently I was told by my father that most of my old games and books were still in the attic, a stunning revelation due to the fact that I thought everything was gone or had been thrown away many years back. I'm going to need a weeks vacation to properly dig everything out, but I'm looking forward to it!

In the meantime, I've secured pretty much every major console released,barring a few exceptions. I have a love for Video Game literature, as well as promotional pieces. I'm an equal opportunity collector; I'm just as happy with Atari propaganda as I am Vectrex and Odyssey II. No snobbery here!

MaximumRD

Re: Hello all!

Post by MaximumRD »

Hello Rob! A damn fine name you've got there (yeah you can guess mine lol!) well looks like we are the first couple members here so here is hoping it all works out, we can be a couple of the original pioneer's here! Nice to meet you............. :)
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

Rob

Post by Rob »

Good to meet ya, Rob!

I've never been a pioneering board member before, I'm always Johnny come lately on forums. I have a bad tendency to lurk for several years at a place before posting. So, it's nice to be able to lay down roots!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:Kudos to Ter for getting this site up and running!

My name's Rob and I've been a video game addict since around 1985, when I played my first game of Frogger on the 5200. I started amassing a collection even then, as I was one of those kids that couldn't throw anything away so I saved everything and stockpiled it in my parents attic. When I hit my teens, girls and work took priority in my life so the comic books and video games went away for awhile.

About five years ago I started getting heavily back into gaming due to a friend giving me his Dreamcast, along with several Emulator collections. That rekindled the flame and I started re-collecting everything I had as a kid, along with the things I didn't own the first time around (thanks, internet!)

Recently I was told by my father that most of my old games and books were still in the attic, a stunning revelation due to the fact that I thought everything was gone or had been thrown away many years back. I'm going to need a weeks vacation to properly dig everything out, but I'm looking forward to it!

In the meantime, I've secured pretty much every major console released,barring a few exceptions. I have a love for Video Game literature, as well as promotional pieces. I'm an equal opportunity collector; I'm just as happy with Atari propaganda as I am Vectrex and Odyssey II. No snobbery here!
Welcome Rob! I too was like that as a kid. Never thre much away, and the bulk of my collection is from when I was a kid. I also collect everything. Vectrex, RCA Studio II, you name it!

Let me know what you find in the attic. Hopefully, there will be some rare items up there, along with many memories unlocked. Good luck!
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube