Hey there!!

Introduce yourself to the world, and explain your video gaming story

Moderators: Rob, Carlos, Darryl B.

thom_m

Hey there!!

Post by thom_m »

Hi, everyone. My name is Thom. I'm a 28 years old brazilian gamer. I heard about the site on DP, and decided to chek it out.

I've been playing videogames since I was 6, when my parents gave me an Atari 2600 for birthday. I'm a fan of the classic, pre-32bit systems, mostly because those were the systems I had when I was a kid (it was not until last year that I got my first PSX). Also, since the modern systems are all imports, they cost a truckload of money in Brazil. And, since I have a family, gaming is not the priority.

But I digress. The thing is I love videogames, and talking about the subject as well. So, a new gaming site/forum is always good news. So, here I am, and I sincerely hope I can contribute somehow. I started a little collection last year (for the record: a Model 2 Genesis, a Megavision - cool Genny clone, a NES, a SNES, a Dactar 2600 clone and a PSX, with some games each), and all the information and feedback I found on DP - and probably will find here too - were of great help.

So, that's it. I suck at introducing myself. See you soon, guys and gals.
------------------------------------------------
Blowing on cartridges since 1987

Jakenut86

Re: Hey there!!

Post by Jakenut86 »

welcome to the forums :)

I also really like pre-32bit games!! Atari is the best, although I also really like SEGA :)
_________________________________________________________________________________

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

thom_m wrote:Hi, everyone. My name is Thom. I'm a 28 years old brazilian gamer. I heard about the site on DP, and decided to chek it out.

I've been playing videogames since I was 6, when my parents gave me an Atari 2600 for birthday. I'm a fan of the classic, pre-32bit systems, mostly because those were the systems I had when I was a kid (it was not until last year that I got my first PSX). Also, since the modern systems are all imports, they cost a truckload of money in Brazil. And, since I have a family, gaming is not the priority.

But I digress. The thing is I love videogames, and talking about the subject as well. So, a new gaming site/forum is always good news. So, here I am, and I sincerely hope I can contribute somehow. I started a little collection last year (for the record: a Model 2 Genesis, a Megavision - cool Genny clone, a NES, a SNES, a Dactar 2600 clone and a PSX, with some games each), and all the information and feedback I found on DP - and probably will find here too - were of great help.

So, that's it. I suck at introducing myself. See you soon, guys and gals.
Welcome, Thom! I heard many good stories about gaming in Brazil. From what I heard, the 2600 and SMS lasted longer than the stateside run.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Rob

Post by Rob »

Sega was absolute king in Brazil, I envy you!

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Welcome. Love your sig. Made me laugh.

thom_m

Post by thom_m »

Ter wrote:Welcome, Thom! I heard many good stories about gaming in Brazil. From what I heard, the 2600 and SMS lasted longer than the stateside run.
Rob wrote:Sega was absolute king in Brazil, I envy you!
Thanks, y'all, for the welcoming. And yes, Sega got the upper hand 'round here. In fact, the SMS and the Genny are still in production - though in crappy, cart slot-less versions. How cool is that, huh?

Anyway, thanks again. See ya!
------------------------------------------------
Blowing on cartridges since 1987

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Wow, SMS still in production.

What was the last game made here in the US, Sonic the Hedgehog 16 years ago?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

Welcome, nice to meet you! :2_thumbs_up:
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD