Hello everyone

Introduce yourself to the world, and explain your video gaming story

Moderators: Rob, Carlos, Darryl B.

megasdkirby

Hello everyone

Post by megasdkirby »

Just wanted to say high to everyone on these boards.

I had joined earlier, but for some reason it kept saying my password was wrong. I resent the password to my email and NOW it works! :)

Hope everyone is well!

Josh

TwinChargers

Re: Hello everyone

Post by TwinChargers »

Pleasure having you here. Unfortunately there isn't a huge following on the Zap forums as of yet, but you can always say you were here from the sites infancy.

So, what systems do you play and collect for?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

gelkster

Post by gelkster »

Well for one he has a 7800- I sold him a couple games for it!

How're they/you doing? :)

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

Cool, another member who appreciates the classics? :headbang:
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

gelkster

Post by gelkster »

hey mega we just got a new washing machine at Sears yesterday. We got a new fridge there awhile back too & a new dryer is also on the way!

SEARS ROCKS!

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

gelkster wrote:hey mega we just got a new washing machine at Sears yesterday. We got a new fridge there awhile back too & a new dryer is also on the way!

SEARS ROCKS!
You didn't by chance see any Tele-Games on clearance or hidden behind some old stock, did you?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

megasdkirby wrote:Just wanted to say high to everyone on these boards.

I had joined earlier, but for some reason it kept saying my password was wrong. I resent the password to my email and NOW it works! :)

Hope everyone is well!

Josh
Hey, blast from the past! For all those who don't know, Josh's older brother Dominick was a writer to Zap! fanzine in 1992 and 1993. Both are very informed on the history of gaming and all the classics. Welcome aboard!

BTW, did Dominick receive his Zap! set?
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

TwinChargers wrote:Pleasure having you here. Unfortunately there isn't a huge following on the Zap forums as of yet, but you can always say you were here from the sites infancy.

So, what systems do you play and collect for?
Hello TwinChargers!!!

Well, I pretty much collect for every system I can get a hold of. I love the 2600, 7800, SMS, NES, Colecovision...basically any console! But since money is pretty tight (specially now), I had to cut back on games a bit. I do buy the occasional $1 game (can't let those pass by :)) but I pretty much reduced my video game collecting.

And also because I have absolutely no space in my room anymore...you should see it...I swear I will get buried alive in games soon!
gelkster wrote:Well for one he has a 7800- I sold him a couple games for it!

How're they/you doing? :)
^_^

Kinda forgot what was the game...sorry. :( But regarding the 7800, I love that console! I managed to get a complete CIB set for it (NTSC) which pretty much set me back a little, but I have no regrets. I was trying for a complete SMS set, and I am only missing a US Sonic (w/UPC) and the box to US Strider w/UPC (I have it, but the one Ihave is in terrible shape), but the low hours at work forced me to stop. I am still searching for those SMS games, at least the Strider box, so I hope to get it soon. :)
MaximumRD wrote:Cool, another member who appreciates the classics? :headbang:
^_^

Not that the new games aren't good, because they are...I just prefer the classics better. For example, whenever I turn on my Xbox to play a game, I end up playing Keystone Kapers for the 2600 or Private Eye (for some reason, I always liked that game!). Yeah, i admit...it's via emulation, since I am trying to make room to connect all my consoles, but I hope that once I get everything prepared, I can set it up the way I always wanted!!! :)
gelkster wrote:hey mega we just got a new washing machine at Sears yesterday. We got a new fridge there awhile back too & a new dryer is also on the way!

SEARS ROCKS!
Hahaha!

At least I am not using one of those blue shirts!

I may sometimes have something against the store, but overall, I gotta give it thanks for the job. Hours might be low, but it's something.

Speaking of which, I need to call the service number to have my AC checked... :p
TwinChargers wrote:
You didn't by chance see any Tele-Games on clearance or hidden behind some old stock, did you?
That would be a dream come true!

But unfortunately no...at least not in the Bayamon store. Trust me...I've gone and checked every little corner just in case and nothing. If I were to find them, and they were still on inventory, I would have purchased all of them. But who knows...there are still boxes I see that simply never get moved...maybe inside? :)
Ter wrote:
Hey, blast from the past! For all those who don't know, Josh's older brother Dominick was a writer to Zap! fanzine in 1992 and 1993. Both are very informed on the history of gaming and all the classics. Welcome aboard!

BTW, did Dominick receive his Zap! set?
Hey!!! :)

It's awesome to be here, Ter!

Ironically, Dom received the envelope this morning. I was tempted to open it, but I decided not to. Once he came from work, he opened it and then I took a shot reading it.

I actually had a tear in my right eye while looking at the fanzine. It made me remember all the happy times I had while reading fanzines and the feeling I have of discovery.

But it also made me a bit sad...because I realized that fanzines aren't around much anymore. I loved reading them monthly when Dom received them in the mail. A while ago, I talked to Thomas (UK) and he mentioned that the reason fanzines disappeared was mostly because of the internet. Is this really true? It would seem like it.

I always wanted to make my own fanzine, but truth be told, I always feared it because of what I thought would equal alot of expenses. But then I read what you mentioned in an issue about creating your own fanzine. It's not about cost, but about dedication.

Maybe one day I make one just for the fun of it.

Ter, thanks for making me remember such wonderful memories. I wish I can go back in time and relive them all over again. I know that is not possible, but at least the issues help me recall them, some of which I though were lost forever.

Thanks man. :)

gelkster

Post by gelkster »

IIRC I sold you 7800 Ninja Golf & Alien Brigade.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

megasdkirby wrote:
TwinChargers wrote:Hey!!! :)

It's awesome to be here, Ter!

Ironically, Dom received the envelope this morning. I was tempted to open it, but I decided not to. Once he came from work, he opened it and then I took a shot reading it.

I actually had a tear in my right eye while looking at the fanzine. It made me remember all the happy times I had while reading fanzines and the feeling I have of discovery.

But it also made me a bit sad...because I realized that fanzines aren't around much anymore. I loved reading them monthly when Dom received them in the mail. A while ago, I talked to Thomas (UK) and he mentioned that the reason fanzines disappeared was mostly because of the internet. Is this really true? It would seem like it.

I always wanted to make my own fanzine, but truth be told, I always feared it because of what I thought would equal alot of expenses. But then I read what you mentioned in an issue about creating your own fanzine. It's not about cost, but about dedication.

Maybe one day I make one just for the fun of it.

Ter, thanks for making me remember such wonderful memories. I wish I can go back in time and relive them all over again. I know that is not possible, but at least the issues help me recall them, some of which I though were lost forever.

Thanks man. :)
Wow, that makes me feel sad too. I too miss the times when I was doing that newsletter. It was much simpler then. Very little bills. I was 18. I did it the hard way, without the internet. I kind of liked it better that way. Like that, it was like getting gaming information was a challenge. You had to really do your homework, and and you appreciated any info you could get your hands on. Now any idiot can look up anything.

The only thing I don't miss is my dot matrix printer. While great on ink, it was painfully slow and the quality was horrible. The Epson Artisan 800 that I use now is a dream. I added the optional duplexer and now have auto double sided printing. All I have to do is load an issue, hit how many copies I want, and print. The pages are in order and all I have to do is staple them together. It's that easy!

I know what you mean about looking forward to newsletters. Back then, I remember running to the mailbox. Disappointing when I got nothing, but extremely excited when i recieved even a single letter.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Kevins89notch5.0

Post by Kevins89notch5.0 »

Hey, whats up!

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

gelkster wrote:IIRC I sold you 7800 Ninja Golf & Alien Brigade.
I remember now!!!! Thanks man, you helped me complete my collection! :)

Dom and I were the same too, Ter. Although I was way younger, I loved when he received fanzines or packages with games (mostly from Tom). It was even better when it was an Atari 2600 PAL game...I would run to the B&W TV set, hook up my 2600 (gotten from S. Stilphen) and play away. I actually remember forcing myself to like Ghostbusters II! Never could pass the Statue of LIberty stage...

I trully believe that, one day, fanzines (as well as magazines in general) will make a great comeback. And I hope that, when that occurs, gaming goes back to what it's supposed to be: to have fun. Although I won't go onto debate about games today vs. games back then, I wish I could relive the feeling of playing Halloween for the first time, or finishing Superman on the 2600. Those memories can't be beat.

Hey Kevin! :)