hello gamers

Introduce yourself to the world, and explain your video gaming story

Moderators: Rob, Carlos, Darryl B.

AndrewZealand

hello gamers

Post by AndrewZealand »

Hello. I'm a retired gamer who has the odd comeback fight. My prime years were approx. '89-'00

My favorite game ever is unreservedly Phantasy Star: The End of the Millenium (Sega Mega Drive,1993) though generally I'm not a big fan of classic RPG games. My particular area of interest is action-adventure games which have a good story, maybe some cuts scenes and I don't mind some element of classic RPG.

I grew up mainly on Sega and the Arcade and my experience with Nintendo was pretty limited (I note the choice of Smilies' partiatity to Nintendo spirites!).

My 'retirement' from gaming was based on perhaps a hundred different factors, the greatest perhaps being my preference for simpler, 2D games. While I'm aware of the vast selection of 2D games produced by indie game makers, I havn't as yet seen anything I'm that interested in.

Darryl B.

Re: hello gamers

Post by Darryl B. »

Hi, could just be me and you for a while, as this site is pretty much dead. I still check in once every week or two though.
AndrewZealand wrote: My favorite game ever is unreservedly Phantasy Star: The End of the Millenium (Sega Mega Drive,1993) though generally I'm not a big fan of classic RPG games.
I'm not either. Only RPG I have for the Genesis (Mega Drive in your neck of the woods) is Shining in the Darkness.
AndrewZealand wrote: I grew up mainly on Sega and the Arcade
Cool. I go back to pretty much the very beginning of gaming ,with the black and white arcade games :)
AndrewZealand wrote: My 'retirement' from gaming was based on perhaps a hundred different factors, the greatest perhaps being my preference for simpler, 2D games. While I'm aware of the vast selection of 2D games produced by indie game makers, I havn't as yet seen anything I'm that interested in.
It can indeed be tough to find good ones out there. Occasionally you'll find a diamond in the rough though.

And welcome back from your gaming retirement!
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: hello gamers

Post by Zap! »

Welcome aboard! I'm here too, Darryl. Thanks for hanging in there, I still update the board when there's a need, now I just have to get arcade working again.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube