Hello again

Introduce yourself to the world, and explain your video gaming story

Moderators: Rob, Carlos, Darryl B.

megasdkirby

Hello again

Post by megasdkirby »

Hey guys,

I know I've been out for quite some time. And I know many of you have seem me post on DP as well, and probably wondering where the heck I was at.

To be honest, I can't give an answer. For some reason, I just didn't frequent the site.

For this, I apologize.

Lately, even while I post on DP, I am not feeling well. Not only health wise, but emotionally and a tad spiritually. But mostly emotionally.

Work has been going down the crapper. Lousy hours, which means lower pay. Yet I continue to waste money...just today I picked up 9 PS3 games. Cheap of course, but still, it's money I could have saved.

And for some reason, I can't control myself. I see something cheap, and I have to get it. I all of us love cheap games, but it's hard for me to actually not purchase something, even though I try. It's as though it's subconscious and I don't realize it.

Feeling like this..horrible, mad, sad, with morbid thoughts...it's just overwhelming to say the least. I try to think positive thoughts, but no dice.

I know this has no place on a video game forum, or any forum for that matter. But I just had to express myself for some reason.

Again I deeply apologize for not frequenting the boards. Specially to Ter, who has even left me as a moderator after all this time. Makes me feel even worse, since I did not even do my duties and/or helped out.

I'm sorry for everthing. I hope everyone is well.

Josh

Darryl B.

Re: Hello again

Post by Darryl B. »

You might want to see a doctor in regards to your condition, which I don't mean that in a mean way, case it came out sounding that way.

Nice to see some action back on here though :)
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

Thanks man.

I've been meaning to go to a psychologist, but thinking about how much they charge depresses me even more.

I think I know how to change things, but it involves a massive change...

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

megasdkirby wrote: I've been meaning to go to a psychologist, but thinking about how much they charge depresses me even more.
Heh no kidding! (finds lint, rather than money in pockets)

Well I wish you the best.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Hey, welcome back! It's all good, I know that posting on too many forums can be a problem. I do the same thing, sometimes I post on some while I don't frequent the other ones for a while, then I go back. It all goes in cycles. Heck, I haven't even posted on here in over a week, and I own the board!

I have part of the same problem. I am always constantly spending money on things, even though I don't have all that much to spend. I am an eBay and Craigslist fanatic. I just bought a home gym for $450, plus $99 for the van rental. I can't save. Never could, and probably never will.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

Hey everyone,

Well, things got worse, unfortunately. Just as things seemt o get stabilized (not better, just constant), a new blow has arisen: now it's like I don't even have a job. Technically I do, but with pathetic amount of hours. Next week I only have 4 hours of work...FOUR! At $6 an hour (plus commission), it is surely a horrid ordeal. On the bright side, I do have my suplemental partial unemployment check, which is $158 a week. Still, it's nothing compared to what I used to get. Argh.

And to make matters worse, I still can't kick the habit of getting games. Just recently I purchased an Xbox 360 (from GameStop), willingly knowing I could not spend money on games. And I keep getting games as well...it's a never ending, vicious cycle of sorts. :(

Well, since I have vacation next week (I call it that because of FOUR HOURS WORK!!!) I will spend time playing games. Right now I'm passing the time playing Xmen Origins: Wolverine Uncagged for PS3 as well as Saw for PS3. Need to find a decent Xbox 360 game to play....will try Phantasy Star Universe to see how that goes.

I'm hoping CVS hires me, as they are opening a store close to where I live. I've been in the running for quite some time, so I hope I make the cut. Even part time, I would not mind having that supplemental cash.

In an unfortunate way, I'm glad I don't have children or wife/girlfriend at the moment, nor do I have any "responsibility" or economic pressures. If I did, I think I would go off the deep end.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

I really am the exact same way you are. I'm a bit broke, so what do I do? Spend like $340 on three old Sega newsletters. I am the total opposite of a saver.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

I'd definitely give a go at some decent free online/downloadable games, unless you're just into the whole shabang of 'well, it has to have a box and manual' type of thing.

There's quite a few out there, like the brain-busting puzzle games of the Submachine and DayMare Town series (DMT 3 just got released this week actually). Those will keep you busy for a while. Or just for some good ol', simple, luck/guesswork of Gridhunt+ is good, as it's like Battleship set in space, as each ship gets four shots in trying to find the enemy's ships. The first round you get a whopping 20 shots, but with every ship destroyed you lose four shots per turn. There's also nukes that can clear out a big section of the starmap (saving you time and shots per turn) at the least, and totally destroy an entire ship at the worst. Plus you can play two players, either in person, across a network or the internet, plus it has an additional Survival mode too (you don't need to be familiar with the original Gridhunt to play this one, as I wouldn't even bother with that one, this one is faster and all).

I'd definitely look into this stuff if I were you guys to keep the wallet from hurting. And sometimes even if you have to have the physical stuff, various things can do the trick if you know how to look around and depending on what you have, like plenty of compilations of classic games for all platforms (although quite a few of those get ruined though, of course). Lotta good homebrews out there too, many Vectrex homebrews have many games per cartridge, in case you have one of those. Because right now I've got nearly 40 games, most of those are homebrew cartridges, I don't have many of the original GCE-released games...I think I've got like 13 homebrew cartridges right now, so we're talking like 13 cartridges and over 30 games just out of that batch. Pretty decent ratio there. Plus the Jakks Retro Arcade Pac-Man has a dozen games for only $18 new, which is fairly decent, it just needs a better joystick, only Xevious was ruined and there are a couple of other minor things changed in a couple of it's other games, that's pretty much it.

Anyway, just a few things to consider, hope this post didn't come out to being condescending or anything, I just know the feeling. And even with little money here too I've been lucky to keep going through MANY games over the last several months, like a few Vectrex homebrews, the gaming expo I went to in November (sure it was only for two days, but those were two days where I got to play dozens of games though :) ), many Wii games, since my parents got one, the Jakks unit, and many online ones too. So I haven't been real bored, and haven't really spent that much money either.

Oh, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 is sitting right here for the computer...haven't tried that out. Another freebie, since my sister's boyfriend let her kid borrow it. I'm afraid it's going to be too addicting though; yikes!