WELCOMETOTHENEXTLEVEL

Introduce yourself to the world, and explain your video gaming story

Moderators: Rob, Carlos, Darryl B.

Carlos

WELCOMETOTHENEXTLEVEL

Post by Carlos »

Came over here from DP. Thought I'd check out the site and say hello.

- Who are you?
Carlos, 28

- Where you live?
(North) Dallas, TX

- What are your favorite games?
I love games of various types from various era, but to name a few...
*Street Fighter series, Capcom vs. series, MK series, and SNK fighters
*Wrestling games like the old WWF games like SuperStars and WreslteFest, Ring Rage, Wrestle War, Saturday Night Slam Masters
*Phantasy Star series
*Castlevania series
*Mega Man series
*Resident Evil series (and anything else involving zombies)
*Silent Hill series
*Zelda series
*Final Fantasy series up to 7
*16-bit era RPGs
*Saturn shmups (I have yet to acquire Radiant Silvergun)

- What systems do you collect for?
My dream is to one day have a house with dedicated game room with the old systems and games I used to enjoy as a kid, and discover and play systems and games I didn't have that I wanted back then and can now afford since I'm now all growed up with a job and stuff, heh. I also want a Neo MVS or candy cab, a Galaga/Pac-Man cocktail table, and an 80's USA. vs. Russia "bubble-dome" style hockey table like they had at my local Showbiz Pizza when I was little.

- What you do in "real life"?
As far as work goes, I.T., call center, tech support, if it has to do with computer and technology, I probably do it, or have done it. Other hobbies include going to movies and concerts, comics, collecting toys and action figures, slowly build up my DVD and Laserdisc collection, reading and spending time and playing games with my soon to be wife.

- What got you into collecting?
Well, my first system was the Atari 2600 my sister gave me when she went off to college years ago. As far as "collecting" goes, I guess it started back in 2001. I got one my first "real jobs" and was making decent money for the time, and I was reading a Penny Arcade comic where they referenced the Neo-Geo. I remembered how much I used to love playing games like Fatal Fury and Samurai Showdown at the arcade, and that there was a place I used to go to with a friend that rented out AES consoles and games. So I started doing research on the Neo online to see how much AES systems and games were then, and saw that they were affordable (except for the super rare ones of course). I found the Neo-Geo.com site, became a member, met some people, and in a couple of weeks, I had a Neo AES and KoF2000, SS2, SS3, 3 Count Bout, and the rest is history. Currently, I'm trying to complete my Sega collection, mainly Genesis, CD, 32X, Saturn and imports, and Dreamcast and imports. I also have a 360 currently RRODed, and a Wii, which my wife and I play more VC games on than actual Wii games, lol. :mario:

Rob

Re: WELCOMETOTHENEXTLEVEL

Post by Rob »

Welcome, Carlos!

Cool to see somebody else that collects laserdiscs!

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Thanks. Nice to meet you too.

Yea, I've only just recently got into LD collecting after Pioneer said that they're shutting it down. I guess the main thing is that there's a few movies on LD that haven't made it to DVD yet, so I decided to check it out...and I'm a sucker for anything considered "retro", lol

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Welcome aboard. Great detailed post! You listed some great game series there.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube