Hello Everyone

Introduce yourself to the world, and explain your video gaming story

Moderators: Rob, Carlos, Darryl B.

TwinChargers

Hello Everyone

Post by TwinChargers »

Hey all, my name is Brian, and I have a classic gaming addiction.

Just kidding (somewhat). Decided to hit up these forums, since one cannot seem to get enough retro gaming goodness, right? I guess I'd be considered an amateur collector to most that will spill onto this site though. Heres a list of what I currently have-

Unisonic Pong System, Atari 7800, busted NES, Sega Mastersystem, SNES, a couple of Genesis', N64, PS1, PS2, Xbox and GameCube. For handhelds I have a Lynx and a Gameboy Micro.

I grew up with the 2600 and a massive collection of games that I absolutely loved. Nowadays I'm trying to collect back all of which I've lost throughout my past, and picking up a few things here and there that I thought were interesting. I find that I talk more about gaming than actually playing games, but that's alright by me. Being a father of 2 beautiful girls, I don't have tons of time to play anyways. I still actively collect and search for games for all my systems though.

Hope to see you all out on the forums real soon!
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:Hey all, my name is Brian, and I have a classic gaming addiction.

Just kidding (somewhat). Decided to hit up these forums, since one cannot seem to get enough retro gaming goodness, right? I guess I'd be considered an amateur collector to most that will spill onto this site though. Heres a list of what I currently have-

Unisonic Pong System, Atari 7800, busted NES, Sega Mastersystem, SNES, a couple of Genesis', N64, PS1, PS2, Xbox and GameCube. For handhelds I have a Lynx and a Gameboy Micro.

I grew up with the 2600 and a massive collection of games that I absolutely loved. Nowadays I'm trying to collect back all of which I've lost throughout my past, and picking up a few things here and there that I thought were interesting. I find that I talk more about gaming than actually playing games, but that's alright by me. Being a father of 2 beautiful girls, I don't have tons of time to play anyways. I still actively collect and search for games for all my systems though.

Hope to see you all out on the forums real soon!
Welcome! I find myself in the same situation sometimes. I collect more than I play lately it seems. Hope that can change. :)
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

I'm back!!

Does it smell musty in here to anyone else? Lets open the windows and liven this place up!!!!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:I'm back!!

Does it smell musty in here to anyone else? Lets open the windows and liven this place up!!!!
Hey, how have you been! Glad you're back. It's a ghost town around here, but I wanna get the forums at least somewhat back to a normal rate. Just got a Wii U Zelda bundle and I'm feeling inspired to get back into my favorite hobby. :holding-triforce:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

I have no clue how you'd get the old group back and posting, but it would be nice to see some old familiar faces around here.

How did you get the ball rolling in the first place? Perhaps give those old strategies a go again?

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

TwinChargers wrote:I have no clue how you'd get the old group back and posting, but it would be nice to see some old familiar faces around here.
Hi! :)
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:I have no clue how you'd get the old group back and posting, but it would be nice to see some old familiar faces around here.

How did you get the ball rolling in the first place? Perhaps give those old strategies a go again?
I initially started talking about Zap! on Digital Press, Atari Age, and many other forums. Now that I think about it, I'm lucky I wasn't banned. :D I had been thinking a little about my Facebook Page, that had been stuck at around 24 "Likes," despite being around for two years. Last week, I started telling all my friends about it. A week later? A pathetic 8 more Likes, to 32.

I was messing around and started to advertise on Facebook. You state your budget, and they do the rest. I put an ad up yesterday for $10 a day, stated to run into next week (I may extend it). The result? In 30 hours or so, I went from 32 Likes to 177 as of now.

I'm not going to stop until it is in the 1,000's, and once it is, I'll start advertising the forums. You can also advertise posts, so I'll post about the forums, and pay to have the post seen by tens of thousands. Anyway, if you haven't done so already, please "Like" the Page, it's in my sig below.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

I just started following Zap on Twitter!

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Darryl B. wrote:
Hi! :)
Hey Darryl!

The ball is rolling!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:I just started following Zap on Twitter!
Thanks! Right now we don't have many followers at all, but did you see how many Facebook Page Likes we have? Currently it's at 1,144. Not bad considering there were 24 two weeks ago. :mariohammer:

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

*sticks head in, smiles and nods in approval.

I love the look of the old place! Who still pokes there head in around these parts? (That's what she said)

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:*sticks head in, smiles and nods in approval.

I love the look of the old place! Who still pokes there head in around these parts? (That's what she said)
You know I'll always be here! :) A shame we never took off, but Zap! will always be around.