Sega 8-bit Magazine

Video gaming books, magazines, and newsletters. If you can read it, discuss it in here!
BaronSFel001

Re: Sega 8-bit Magazine

Post by BaronSFel001 »

Zap! wrote:Now, all that's left is issue #1 and #7.
This is really exciting. I am sure the fan community will not be able to thank you enough for making these rare gems widely-available for all. Hopefully things keep working out this way, especially for the point reached now, because Issue #1 is the hardest to find from what I know.

BaronSFel001

Post by BaronSFel001 »

It has been quite a while. Outside of your ability to provide these scans from your own copies, I was hoping someone within the community would be generous enough to contribute, but it seems most likely that too few people actually have intact copies anymore. By the way, this would probably be a good time to mention that someone is selling his sealed copies of Issues 2-7 on ebay right now. They are not up for auction and commanding (what I find) to be exorbitant prices, but the offer function is open.

If anyone can provide the premiere issue, the Sega fan community would be in your debt. Someone out there has to have it, because one of them changed hands three or so years ago (I read about it on some forum that I cannot find anymore - it probably closed).

BaronSFel001

Post by BaronSFel001 »

Just found on Google: http://www.digitpress.com/library/newsl ... challenge/

Someone from the Digital Press forums has posted the ultra-rare and never-before-seen-in-full premiere issue of Sega Challenge, and says he plans to post more. I am not a member of these forums, so I am not sure how to thank whoever is responsible, but if you are here you have my gratitude.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

It took me nearly 5 years to find issue number 1 again, but I finally did (with patch and all!) for a decent price. So now all seven issues have been scanned. Enjoy!

http://www.zaponline.org/seganewsletter.html
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube