What computers did you use growing up?

Have an Atari 800? A Commordore 64? An Amiga? Talk about it in here
Zap!
Zap! Commander

What computers did you use growing up?

Post by Zap! »

Although I used computers in my school starting around 1984, I didn't get my own until 1987. I got the XE Game System, and later added a 1050 disk drive. The Atari 8-bit computer line were fantastic systems, I had a blast with it. In 1990 or 1991 I moved up to a 16-bit Atari 1040 STe. I had a lot of fun with that too, and published Zap! on that very computer.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Jakenut86

Re: What computers did you use growing up?

Post by Jakenut86 »

My dad never liked computers because he didn't understand how to use them (still doesn't) so we didn't get a computer until he married my step-mother and then it was a PC w/ win 3.1.
_________________________________________________________________________________

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Well, like I said in a previous post, my family didn't get a computer until about 93 or 94. It was a Packard Bell. All I know it had windows 3.1. Remember playing a lot of games on DOS back in the day. Lots of Blake Stone, Jazz Jackrabbit, Wacky Wheels... a bunch of Apogee titles. I remember a really basic "Hugo" series of games where you typed in what you wanted Hugo to do, and he'd walk around the screen and follow your command.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

I remember using the Commodore PET in school. Myself my first home computer was a 64 than an Amiga 500 followed by Amiga 1200 eventually followed by a PC............

I never had or used Atari Computers but am getting into them now.
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

gelkster

Post by gelkster »

We used PETS & Apples in grade school, playing Hurkle & Oregon Trail. I got the Atari 800xl in 1984 w/ a cassette drive & eventually got a 1050 & a 1025 printer. The XL conked out after awhile & luckily a good friend had an 800xl system too & I got it all for $60 (which was prob. all I had back then!) I had a Touch Tablet, Trakball, XMM801 printer, lots of good stuff, most of which I've lately sold off.