Sega Boy is back...and gone again!

From 1989-1993, the 16-bit revolution was in full swing, with the Sega Genesis, NEC Turbo Grafx 16, Super Nintendo, and SNK Neo-Geo (self-proclaimed 24-bit)

Moderators: megasdkirby, Rob, Carlos

Carlos

Sega Boy is back...and gone again!

Post by Carlos »

So the Genesis/32X bundle I got from CTCW came in today. I picked it up and played for a few minutes during my lunch break. I never owned a 32X before, but for the little time I got to test it out, it looks impressive. I looking forward to playing Star Wars Arcade when I get home. Looks like I won't be trading it after all. The Atari and Jag stuff will have to wait. I feel like I'm 12 years old again owning the Sega Genesis that I so dearly loved as a child. :gng-arthur-run: :sonicthehedgehog2:

Here's what I got:

Genesis bundle:
* Model 2 Sega Genesis with AC adapter, RF video cable, and two 3-button controllers
* 32X complete with box and all cables/adapters
*Sonic 1
*Sonic 2
*Sonic 3
*Columns
*Ariel: The Little Mermaid (I'll give this to my fiance...or my Siberian Husky. She needs a new chew toy)
*Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game
*Sports Talk Baseball
*John Madden Football
*Madden '94
*College Football
*Joe Montana Football
*NHL '94
*Wings of Wor
*Tempo 32X
*Kolibri 32X
*Virtua Fighter 32X
*Virtua Racing 32X
*Doom 32X
*Star Wars Arcade 32X

Darryl B.

Re: Sega Boy is back!

Post by Darryl B. »

Carlos wrote: *Wings of Wor
*Kolibri 32X
*Doom 32X
I enjoyed all of these. I had rented WoW years ago and liked it, own the other two (and wouldn't mind owning the other ;) ). Granted, you've probably played better versions of Doom, it's ridiculous there's no way to save a game of it or go back to it via password or anything. Kolibri's a bit weird though.
Carlos wrote: *Ariel: The Little Mermaid (I'll give this to my fiance...or my Siberian Husky. She needs a new chew toy)
Heh!
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

Doom for the 32X is a good game, but it's lacking...compared to the SNES, it looks great, but the SNES had such an awesome soundtrack.

And it was terribly short. Why only half the levels?

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Darryl B. wrote:
Carlos wrote: *Wings of Wor
*Kolibri 32X
*Doom 32X
I enjoyed all of these. I had rented WoW years ago and liked it, own the other two (and wouldn't mind owning the other ;) ). Granted, you've probably played better versions of Doom, it's ridiculous there's no way to save a game of it or go back to it via password or anything. Kolibri's a bit weird though.
Carlos wrote: *Ariel: The Little Mermaid (I'll give this to my fiance...or my Siberian Husky. She needs a new chew toy)
Heh!
You can't save on Doom 32X? Fuck that! I'm not going through that game in one play through! I knew it was bad from the AVGN video, but I didn't know it was THAT bad!

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

Hey Carlos!

Don't worry, it only has half of the levels. It sucks, but it's still good. You will be able to breeze through the game relatively quickly. And once you know what to do, you can finish it in less than half an hour.

Great game, but WAAAAAY to short!

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

Carlos wrote:I knew it was bad from the AVGN video, but I didn't know it was THAT bad!
Not as bad as people saying "it's got an ugly brown border around the screen! It's NOT Doom!" That's what I heard when it came out (still do!), which is ridiculous. Some of us know better though.

But like I said, you've probably played better versions of it anyway.
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi