Yay! My SNES isn't broken after all!

From 1989-1993, the 16-bit revolution was in full swing, with the Sega Genesis, NEC Turbo Grafx 16, Super Nintendo, and SNK Neo-Geo (self-proclaimed 24-bit)

Moderators: megasdkirby, Rob, Carlos

Carlos

Yay! My SNES isn't broken after all!

Post by Carlos »

Late last night, my SNES stopped working :(. All I got was a black screen with scrolling lines. Did the same thing on every game. What really made me upset was that everything was working fine just a few hours before.

Well, fast forward to today, and it turns out the SNES Mini isn't broken after all. Turned out that the third party AC adapter I was given when I bought went out. I took it up to CGX after work today, and after testing the SNES, they tried a Nintendo branded AC adapter and it worked like a charm! Not only that, but they cleaned up my Super Mario World and NBA Jam T.E. and got those to work as well!

I guess the video game gods were smiling upon me today. I was going to sell the system, I've decided to hold onto the SNES and enjoy the working system and games I've been blessed with.

:Link_slash: :gng-arthur-run: :DonkeyKongJr_spin: :Yoshilick: :MegaManXRunning:

TheSSNintendo

Re: Yay! My SNES isn't broken after all!

Post by TheSSNintendo »

I remember sometime early last year, my SNES stopped working for some reason. Couldn't quite figure out what was going on, so I took it to EStarland to get it looked at. Turns out a chip in the system needed to be replaced or something. But it was not a total loss, because I did buy me an FC Twin to play my SNES games on.