I'm back in the saddle again!

From 1989-1993, the 16-bit revolution was in full swing, with the Sega Genesis, NEC Turbo Grafx 16, Super Nintendo, and SNK Neo-Geo (self-proclaimed 24-bit)

Moderators: megasdkirby, Rob, Carlos

Carlos

I'm back in the saddle again!

Post by Carlos »

So I ended up getting a SNES Mini or SNES 2 (whatever you wanna call it) with Mega Man X today :MegaManXRunning: . I've been wanting a SNES for a while now, and now that I finally have a new job and a couple of games I don't play any more I could trade in towards it, I decided to treat myself to a little gift. I will admit that I went to the CGX chain I hate so much, and I paid a little more than I wanted to, but the clerk there was actually very cool. We talked retro gaming for a while, and he not only gave me a bit more credit than I should have gotten, he ended up giving brand new AV and power cords, as well as a brand new SNES controller since they couldn't find the one that came with the unit. The unit itself is awesome too. I didn't realize until I got it home just how much smaller it is than the original SNES, and it's so clean too. No dirt, dust, scratches, or yellowing.

Well, I'm off to get my Mega Man X on. Catch you guys later. :MegaManXRunning:

Rob

Re: I'm back in the saddle again!

Post by Rob »

Congrats. :mario-link-fight:

gamemaster

Post by gamemaster »

Nice Congrats :MegaManXRunning:

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Oh, and before MaximumRD says anything, I'm still not pussy whipped and my fiance didn't kill me for buying it. I did have to sugar coat telling her about it a little bit though.... :D

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

Carlos wrote:Oh, and before MaximumRD says anything, I'm still not pussy whipped and my fiance didn't kill me for buying it. I did have to sugar coat telling her about it a little bit though.... :D
LOL! I am sooooo regretting that comment! I'm sorry and don't worry, I've cut back on the Brandy lol!

On that note, even though my Melissa is cool and supportive I admit to "sugar coating" several purchases myself LOL! There is a fine line being supportive and accepting how much $$$$$$ I am willing to spend on my hobby.....................
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

hoaryhag

Post by hoaryhag »

I'm a bit broke right now so haven't got anything in a while, but near everyday I was getting a video game in the mail. My girlfriend would just say, whatcha got today or get a new present? You couldn't ask for more. Of course she has 700 movies so I guess she knows what it's like to have an addiction, lol.
Enjoy the mini-snes Carlos!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Awesome. Did you keep your old SNES games Carlos, or do you have to buy them all back?
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to buy them all back at some point. Then again, that's also part of the fun of collecting. There's a few shops around town that I pop into every once in a while, and if I see a good deal on a game I'm interested in, I'll snag it. :gng-arthur-run:

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

I'm going to the Englishtown Swap Meet today. I'll see if they have anything cheap. Once I bought 25 sealed SNES games for $30. Also, I believe I have an extra SNES game. If I do, it's yours.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I'd appreciate it.