Robo Warrior, any other fans?

1985-1989 gave us the Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Master System, Atari 7800, XE Game System, etc. Great times indeed.

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos

triverse

Robo Warrior, any other fans?

Post by triverse »

I am a big fan of Robo Warrior for NES, anyone else like this game? Sure it was a little one sided as you really just bomb stuff and shoot the occasional creature. Interesting little fact, it had multi jointed bosses made of many sprites before the Genesis came along (I remember Treasure saying that Gunstar Heroes could only be done on Genesis because nothing else could do that type of sprite animation). Hmm, a NES game did it years before (the Snake Boss for instance).

Rob

Re: Robo Warrior, any other fans?

Post by Rob »

I'm going to need to dust this one off soon. I owned it as a kid and played it every once in a while, but I honestly don't remember much about it. I remember reaching a certain part and not being able to get past it, and that pretty much rendered the game dead to me.

You know what's funny? I can still remember the day I bought that game, along with Dash Galaxy in the Alien Asylum, Mission Impossible, and DynoWarz. They were all used, and my dad bought them for me from the local video store. The only one I really liked was Mission Impossible, though.

triverse

Post by triverse »

My goodness, just when I was almost able to get Mission Impossible out of my mind (have it on Atari 7800, PC, PSP and SMS) you go and bring it back up. lol Thank you for that, I love that game.
I know the part you are talking about in Robo Warrior, it is the solid wall right? Go to the bottom and come up either two or three spaces and just bomb it there. It takes like 7 to 9 bombs to get through but it will eventually open a small hole for you to go through. Just be careful, the way the game is designed you will be down to less than 10 bombs by the time you get there and the creatures are few and far between (unless you don't blast every block on the way, but then you miss a lot of goodies).
You will hit that wall again in I think 4.3 or something to which I think it is coming down from the top two or three spaces and bomb there.
I love that game so much, I had graph paper as a kid and mapped it all out and then realized that most of the power ups are randomly placed (although there turned out to be quite a few that were in the same spot every time).

TheSSNintendo

Post by TheSSNintendo »

Not exactly a fan of the game, but I do remember my brother renting it from Pharmhouse. I think he got stuck around that one wall part.