NOAC

1985-1989 gave us the Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Master System, Atari 7800, XE Game System, etc. Great times indeed.

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos

TwinChargers

NOAC

Post by TwinChargers »

I'm not sure if this is the proper thread to put this in, but I was curious if any of you have played any of the clone NES systems. I'd like to get something to play NES games on, and my toaster has been busted for a while now. I took out the pin connector and tried cleaning it and bending the pins, still nothing. I don't exactly trust the reliability of the old toasters anymore anyways. So, anybody have any of these NOAC's? There are plenty to chose from. Generation NEX, Yobo, FC Twin... the list goes on and on.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Rob

Re: NOAC

Post by Rob »

I have an FC Twin and a Yobo. Of the two, the FC Twin is much more reliable and less buggy. The only games it didn't play well were the Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune games for the SNES.

thom_m

Post by thom_m »

All we had in Brazil before 1993 were NOACs. Since we had no base of comparison (aside from some rare imported NES's), they were pretty cool. I always got lucky with the compatibilty issues, never owned/rented a game that wouldn't work.

In fact, I'm note 100% sure the brazilian clones were actually NOACs, because some of them were really well made. But I guess it was the case, since I believe reverse engineering the whole NES innards would take much more time/money than the companies were willing to spend.
------------------------------------------------
Blowing on cartridges since 1987

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Anybody here have any of the Power Players or Super Joy consoles? The ones that claim to have 76,000 NES games on them? I own models 2 and 3, but have never even seen the first one. Sure, they are really cheaply made and blatant lies to how many actual games are on them, but its still pretty cool for a famiclone system.

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

I used to have a Super Joy, don't know what ever happened to it.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I had a FC Twin once, but returned it since it wouldn't play Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse. :( That's my all time favorite Castlevania came after SOTN.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

I saw a Yobo at the pawn shop for $15. I haven't had a working NES in years. I'm not too picky about the compatibility list and not horribly concerned about small graphical glitches and somewhat poor sound quality, would you say this is a decent buy or is this something you'd avoid at all costs? It would basically just suffice as an NES until I can convince the wife I need a toploader or a more reliable clone. Thoughts?

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Well, I picked up the Yobo at the pawn shop. After hooking it up, I found that it had no sound. The picture was a whole lot better than I was expecting it to be, but unfortunately I couldn't get any sound from it (I tried 2 TV's and different AV cables). Instead of monkeying around on the inside an voiding the pawn shop warranty, I think I'll just return it and wait until another comes by.