Super Mario Bros. 2 US is a very under-rated game

1985-1989 gave us the Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Master System, Atari 7800, XE Game System, etc. Great times indeed.

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Super Mario Bros. 2 US is a very under-rated game

Post by Zap! »

For the first time in years, I've been playing this game for the past couple of weeks. Sure, it didn't start as a real Mario game, and for that many people judge it unfavorably. But if you look past that and take it as it is, it's a very good game and has just the right amount of challenge. The music is also done very well, and goes along perfect with the theme.

Right now I'm in World 7-2, and hope to have it beat in the next day or so. In World 5-3 I found a Warp Zone, and skipped World 6 entirely.

So who else agrees that this is a greatly under-rated Mario game? :supermariobros29nes:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

HiddenGremlin

Re: Super Mario Bros. 2 US is a very under-rated game

Post by HiddenGremlin »

I always really liked SMB. 2, the different feel made it feel very fresh when I was little. I do not really care that it started out as a different game... because in reality Doki Doki Panic stole a lot of things from Mario games.
I am also a member of these sites:
FamicomWorld The Uninvited Gremlin
NintendoAGE Dreammary
AtariAGE Dreammary

fidgedextro
Banned

Re: Super Mario Bros. 2 US is a very under-rated game

Post by fidgedextro »

I think of SM2 as a videogame version of INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM. It's faster than the original, occasionally more exciting, but somehow lacks what made the first one special. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good game, but I always got the feeling I was playing nothing more than SUPER MARIO BROS.: World's 9 Through 16.