RCA Studio II

Pre-1977 discussion, Pong-type sysems, Fairchild Channel F, etc.

Moderators: Rob, Carlos, Darryl B.

Rob

RCA Studio II

Post by Rob »

Does anybody else own one?

I've got one, but none of the cartridges. Just the built in games, which have little replay value but hilarious sound effects.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: RCA Studio II

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:Does anybody else own one?

I've got one, but none of the cartridges. Just the built in games, which have little replay value but hilarious sound effects.
I have it and several games. This thing is more primitive than the Fairchild Channel F (I have that too). The games are all in black and white.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

I wonder how the people at RCA came to choosing "Studio II" for the name. From what I've read, there never was a "Studio 1" available. Wonder if RCA has (or had) two prototypes and this, the second one, was the one chosen to go out to the market.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:I wonder how the people at RCA came to choosing "Studio II" for the name. From what I've read, there never was a "Studio 1" available. Wonder if RCA has (or had) two prototypes and this, the second one, was the one chosen to go out to the market.
If the II was the one picked, I can only imagine how awful the first one must have been. I too always wondered why it was called "II" when there was no first one. Same thing with Pepper II and Leonard Part VI. :)
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube