It's a longshot, but is anyone up to making a Zap! logo?

Zap! forum news from the admin and mods, and also user tips on how to improve the board with any new ideas

Moderators: megasdkirby, Rob

Zap!
Zap! Commander

It's a longshot, but is anyone up to making a Zap! logo?

Post by Zap! »

Who's really talented in Photoshop? I'm looking for a graphic logo with the name "Zap!" and maybe something classic next to it, like an Atari joystick, a game in the background, etc.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

RegalSin
Banned

Re: It's a longshot, but is anyone up to making a Zap! logo?

Post by RegalSin »

Why not use the logo from the magazine Zap. The same font for the ZAP man???
Just walk away and you can live. Just walk away and it all can be over. Dont bother responding.

Golden Beast Studios

Post by Golden Beast Studios »

I like to think I'm decent with photoshop, Illustrator works pretty well for logos too. I'm into 16 & 8 bit art, here's a logo I did for the band 8-Bit Cannibalism (back when my pen name was Super_Drunk). This is a jpeg, the original was a gif (it was too big to post) so I'm not sure if it looks crisp in your browser. This is displayed at 400% the original size. This was done with a SNES pallete and resolution, loosely based on Kefka from FF3(6JP). So, if you're interested in a retro logo or a more modern one, I'm up to it :)
Attachments
8-Bit_Cannibalism_Logo.jpg
8-Bit_Cannibalism_Logo.jpg (219.2 KiB) Viewed 9290 times
Check out our games at www.goldenbeaststudios.com

Amelyn

Post by Amelyn »

Golden Beast Studios wrote:I like to think I'm decent with photoshop, Illustrator works pretty well for logos too. I'm into 16 & 8 bit art, here's a logo I did for the band 8-Bit Cannibalism (back when my pen name was Super_Drunk). This is a jpeg, the original was a gif (it was too big to post) so I'm not sure if it looks crisp in your browser. This is displayed at 400% the original size. This was done with a SNES pallete and resolution, loosely based on Kefka from FF3(6JP). So, if you're interested in a retro logo or a more modern one, I'm up to it :)
Cool! I like it!

Golden Beast Studios

Post by Golden Beast Studios »

Thanks Amelyn! Below are a couple of more contemporary logos. I couldn't find the original Code SMRT logo, so I just downloaded it off their profile, so it's not as crisp as the others. I'm actually not 100% happy with the Golden Beast Studios logo, but it's decent.
Attachments
GBS_logo.png
GBS_logo.png (111.57 KiB) Viewed 9278 times
code_SMRT.jpg
code_SMRT.jpg (9.65 KiB) Viewed 9278 times
Check out our games at www.goldenbeaststudios.com

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Golden Beast Studios wrote:I like to think I'm decent with photoshop, Illustrator works pretty well for logos too. I'm into 16 & 8 bit art, here's a logo I did for the band 8-Bit Cannibalism (back when my pen name was Super_Drunk). This is a jpeg, the original was a gif (it was too big to post) so I'm not sure if it looks crisp in your browser. This is displayed at 400% the original size. This was done with a SNES pallete and resolution, loosely based on Kefka from FF3(6JP). So, if you're interested in a retro logo or a more modern one, I'm up to it :)
Thanks for the offer! I wrote that post at a time when Zap!'s logo was this:

Now, however, I got a new logo a few weeks ago from Strangerous, and love it now. Don't think I'll be changing it for a while. :donkeykong_beatingchest:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube