Hey hey!

Zap! forum news from the admin and mods, and also user tips on how to improve the board with any new ideas

Moderators: megasdkirby, Rob

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Hey hey!

Post by Zap! »

Sorry for the long, long absence folks. Although I've been busy, there is no excuse for me being away from the board for so long. The board has had a ton of spam lately, and I have trouble updating for the past year.

Well, now the board is finally up to date and all the mods are working correctly, including the Arcade (which I just got up). With the new update, it included some great spam counter-measures. I deleted all the spam posts and lots of users, although there are more users I'll be deleting shortly (hopefully they won't post anything until then). I have about 100 more to go, all one by one.

Well, let me know how you like the new look of the board, in addition to much improved speed. I will try my best to make sure it's a smooth ride from here, and hopefully we can get back some of our old posters as well!

:littlemac:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: Hey hey!

Post by Zap! »

Well, I spoke too soon. I did something and no one was able to post, lol. Just fixed it, still some minor template bugs to sort out but everything is working correctly.

Oh yeah, a new smiley was also added for poor Tim Tebow being replaced by Peyton Manning. :tebowing:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Spammers have all been deleted!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Users of the Last 24 Hours/Top Posters stats is now back up.

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

Yeah good to see! I LIKED your Facebook page (ROB DAVIAU) and linked this site/forums on my FACEBOOK Classic Gaming page as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/maximumrdclassic/
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Thanks MaximumRd, I appreciate it!

Anyway, just when I thought we were bug-free, I found one more problem when I tried to send a Private Message. I (nor anyone else, I would guess) can't send any PM's, as it leads to an error. Although this isn't a huge deal, I'll work on getting it fixed and let everyone know when it's working.

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

There's still at least three in there, as I got five copies of one e-mail, along with getting an error when I tried to reply to one, plus I got no e-mail notification of any of them or else I would have *tried* to respond quicker.
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Darryl B. wrote:There's still at least three in there, as I got five copies of one e-mail, along with getting an error when I tried to reply to one, plus I got no e-mail notification of any of them or else I would have *tried* to respond quicker.
Well, when I sent you the PM, it gave me an error, so I tried it like five times. However, the error is wrong, it sends regardless lol. I think I know how to fix that, I will try tomorrow.

As for e-mail notifications, I think I broke something when I sent out a mass e-mail (telling everyone the board is back). I may have flooded the board somehow, and apparently no one got it. I'll work on that too. But glad you're back (well, you were the only one who never left lol).

Edit: I think I found another very small bug. The < sign is after to all users locations. Hmm...

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

The PM error has now been fixed, so that's back to normal. The last major bug seems like e-mail notifications are still not working. Stay tuned.

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

It's been a long time! Good to see the site is still up and running! :)

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Had to update the template, which made me have to re-install all the other mods again. Should be at close to normal now. :)

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Spam should be gone again for a while, folks. Damn spam-bots keep getting smarter, so new measures keep having to be implemented.

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

Zap! wrote:Spam should be gone again for a while, folks. Damn spam-bots keep getting smarter, so new measures keep having to be implemented.
Good job! :Dr_WillyDefeated:
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

MaximumRD wrote:
Zap! wrote:Spam should be gone again for a while, folks. Damn spam-bots keep getting smarter, so new measures keep having to be implemented.
Good job! :Dr_WillyDefeated:
I miss the times when forums had no spam other than a few bad users. The first time I went on forums was in 2001, on a car site. It's sad how smart these bots keep getting. One day, it may be impossible to keep them away.