Just ordered a boxed 2600 Realsports: Basketball

Never-released video games, hardware, and systems like the Ultravision, NEMO, Phantom, etc.

Moderator: megasdkirby

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Just ordered a boxed 2600 Realsports: Basketball

Post by Zap! »

I ordered it from Stone Age Gamer. Does anyone have any info on the game or company I ordered it from?
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

TwinChargers

Re: Just ordered a boxed 2600 Realsports: Basketball

Post by TwinChargers »

Stone Age Gamer has been quite active in the Atari Age forums lately. Checked out his site and there are many great deals to be had. As for the Basketball game, it was a continuation of the Realsports series but I cannot recall why it wasn't actually released. I don't believe that there was ever a Realsports Hockey game either, maybe that too was a prototype?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:Stone Age Gamer has been quite active in the Atari Age forums lately. Checked out his site and there are many great deals to be had. As for the Basketball game, it was a continuation of the Realsports series but I cannot recall why it wasn't actually released. I don't believe that there was ever a Realsports Hockey game either, maybe that too was a prototype?
Stone Age Gamer is awesome. I received my game in two days with plastic around it, and it was in a huge box to insure it wouldn't be crushed. I would definitely do business with them again.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

jay182009

Post by jay182009 »

i think the basketball is from the US they played by the young boy he use a ball and throw in the basket..and then they called basketball..

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

jay182009 wrote:i think the basketball is from the US they played by the young boy he use a ball and throw in the basket..and then they called basketball..

Well, it was a prototype, but was packaged in a limited run several years ago at a Classic Gaming convention. I heard it wasn't that good, but I haven't played it yet. I just got it for its history. Welcome to Zap!, BTW. :Alex-Punch:

Rob

Post by Rob »

jay182009 wrote:i think the basketball is from the US they played by the young boy he use a ball and throw in the basket..and then they called basketball..

:spam1: