Where is everyone?

BS about anything you like in here, as long as it's not TOO controversial

Moderators: Rob, Carlos

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: Where is everyone?

Post by Zap! »

Carlos wrote:Sorry I haven't been around in a while. I got a 360 and got caught back up with the next gen stuff, and as usually got bored of it after a few weeks and sold it all.

I'm back now though, and I'm looking forward to the Screw Attack Gaming Con next week. Gonna do some shopping for some classic goodies.
I'm like that in a way, except when I get bored I pack it in the closet. I hate selling! :)

And I better see a full report with pictures when you get back from that convention! :DonkeyKongJr_spin:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Ter wrote: And I better see a full report with pictures when you get back from that convention! :DonkeyKongJr_spin:
Hell yeah! I've been looking forward to the con for days. I can't fucking wait.

I'll definitely be sure to take pics and post them. I'm going on Friday the 3rd, which is both good and bad. Good because I get to meet Nolan Bushnell, but bad cuz AVGN is only there on Saturday. Maybe I'll get lucky and see him walking around or making a video. As sad as it sounds, I almost want to meet him more than Bushnell.

But yeah my friend Blake (Laserface) and I will be there and we're gonna try to enter the cartridge blowing tournament and the blindfolded partner Pac-Man tournament as well. And of course, shopping for retro goodness.

:littlemac:

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

Carlos wrote:As sad as it sounds, I almost want to meet him more than Bushnell.
Not really sad imo, since, even with as much as I loved Atari, it was all built on a lie, with him stealing Pong and all. And plus he still says b. s. to this day, like when in an interview just a few years ago he called Ralph Baer "bitter" (if I remember correctly) and that he needed to get over it and that was just the way business went.

Uh, say WHAT? Just another day at the office, what with being sued for stealing something pretty major, but you still got to be an enormously successful company for several years after that? Geez :pooh: (rolls eyes, and here's a pile of poop for you, Nolan!)
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Rob

Post by Rob »

Well, for all his faults, he was still a technical genius. I've read various biographical works and I can definitely say that the impression I get about Nolan Bushnell is not one of sleazy huckster, but a free spirited eccentric with a propensity towards making money. That shouldn't excuse his pomposity or his theft of Ralph Baer's ideas, but I don't see him as an outright villain like many do.

Ralph Baer is still MY homeboy, though.

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

Sorry for not being online much. I will admit, I just forget to come here as often.

No worries! I just placed a link on my FF toolbar, so I will always see this site! :)

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Carlos, where are you? :)
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Sorry I haven't been around in ages! I haven't done too much retro gaming as of late out side of XBOX Live Arcade and Game Room games, and Virtual Console on the Wii.

I'm STILL unemployed unfortunately, but I'm still able to get at least one game a month, so I'm not a complete loss, lol. I downloaded Mega Man 10 earlier, and I'm looking forward to sitting down and playing through it later tonight. :megaman_posing:

Oh yeah, I got married on March 14th! My wife and I are very happy and play Wii together almost every night! We're currently playing through New Super Mario Bros. Wii and towards the end of World 7.

Outside that, not much else going on. Just been playing games, going to movies, fully utilizing Netflix, and looking for work.

I'll try to post more often and not neglect this great forum!

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

First Congrats on the nuptials CARLOS! that is great!
Myself I do visit daily mostly, check new posts often there is nothing, if there is something of interest of course I chime in. I post the occasional new video I did if response has been positive and that is about it. I do wish there were more members and participation. I don't want it to be as big a community as say Atariage, I mean when I check new post there it seems to average up to 12 pages in a day which is a bit much. Anyway I am still here and faithful because I like the small yet awesome community here. I am not working either so wish me well. I still have no current gen console but between all my classic systems, pretty kick ass PC and emulation I still have more than I will ever be able to play lol! I did get another PS2 to go with my original PS2 phat, it's a slim with Crystal modchip. Also a second gamecube with XenoGC modchip though I guess I should consider a Wii since it's Backwards compatible, maybe someday. I got a package deal, tons of PS2 and Gamecube backups included I have no interest in as they are mostly singing, karoake and children games lol! the Gamecube included two mics but that is not my thing (to bad they never ported SEAMAN from Dreamcast or anything other than singing games) also the Konga Bongos 2 sets that I also do not have much interest in, ah well.
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

Rob

Post by Rob »

What's up y'all! I seem to remember you two...

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

MaximumRD wrote:I got a package deal, tons of PS2 and Gamecube backups included I have no interest in as they are mostly singing, karoake and children games lol!
Hee hee!
MaximumRD wrote:the Gamecube included two mics
Well at least you have mics now that you won't have to pay for separately, should the need ever arise to use them for something, or do they work for Gamecube stuff only?
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

Well at least you have mics now that you won't have to pay for separately, should the need ever arise to use them for something, or do they work for Gamecube stuff only?
Yeah Gamecube only as the connecting end connects to the memory card slot.
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Thanks Rob! I love the Chettara Playboy avatar!

Hello Rob 2, LOL! How's life treatin' ya?

Rob

Post by Rob »

Not bad actually. Got married almost five months ago (congrats to you BTW!) but other than that still the same old crap.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Welcome back Carlos! Congrats on your marriage, so how's married life treating ya? :)

triverse

Post by triverse »

Well, after leaving Pixel Perfect Gaming, I seem to have some more time on my hands. What has everyone been up to? Having a blast yet?

As they say, one door closes, a window will open. My window is Scenic 7 PR (http://www.scenic7pr.com). It is already a larger success than my previous endeavors could have hoped to be under the conditions I was required to operate them.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Triverse, what's up! I'm gonna check out that site. I've been busy myself lately, actually been spending quite a bit on classic and rare gaming.

triverse

Post by triverse »

Hey Zap, not a lot going on, just doing the promotion circuit lately, gearing up for my second interview, about Scenic 7, waiting for the final transition of Out-of-Print over to it's new owner and such.

Enjoying the sound of the rain right now, with the lights dimming in and out like only a massive power surge can create. lol

I have been trying to get back into retro gaming but it is not working so well, finally took the plunge and tried out a copy of Pokemon Fire Red on GBA I got at a yard sale about a year ago (best buck I spent) and well, that ended that. lol I also got caught up in Advance Wars, again, stopping my retro gaming in it's tracks. At least it is stopped for good reasons.

I have a ton of stuff coming to Scenic 7 so what you see is definitely not all there is, I have just lost my first client so I am going through and removing their information but that is life, some come, some go.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I've been gone for three weeks myself. I really don't want to give lame excuses, but if I must, I've just been enjoying the Summer while I can, and plus I've become a moderator on SlateDroid - The BIGGEST Android Tablet Forum on the Web!, which has also been taking up my time (it's an Android tablet forum, check it out). But now I'm back and will be checking in daily!

triverse

Post by triverse »

Been busy since I started my PR firm, working on Out-of-Print and helping run a new gaming site. I plan to start coming back more often and seeing what is going on, just been so busy that I have been cutting back on visiting a lot of forums I am a member of (google my user name and see, I am a member on about 150 forums or so).

Dan Iacovelli

Post by Dan Iacovelli »

yeah I havn't been much either I'll try to post more in the coming months