Indian grocer has world's longest ear hair

BS about anything you like in here, as long as it's not TOO controversial

Moderators: Rob, Carlos

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Indian grocer has world's longest ear hair

Post by Zap! »

Officially recognised by Guinness in 2003 as having the longest ear hair in the world, Mr Baijpai has grown his hair from five inches (13.2cm) to their current length.

Considered by Mr Baijpai, 58, to be symbol of luck and prosperity, his ear-hair has been growing since he was 18 and more importantly has never been cut.

Maintained by a specially prepared blend of herbal shampoo, Mr Baijpai has so far resisted the pleas of his long suffering wife to cut it off.

"She has always been asking me to cut my ear-hair, but since the official record was confirmed by Guinness, she has allowed me to keep it because it is a source of pride to me," says Mr Baijpai a resident of the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.

"Before people would tease me, not maliciously, but still would ask me why my I never cut my ear hair," says Mr Baijpai.

"Now I tell people with pride about the good fortune that my hair has brought me.

"Such as when I graduated from a prestigious college in my state and when I met my wife, although I must admit my hair was not as long then."

Protective over his hair, Mr Baijpai has stopped wearing rings, so as not to catch his hair and run the risk of losing out on his record.

"Since I came forward to Guinness in 2001, there have been many challengers to my record, but so far none has been confirmed to be longer than mine," says Mr Baijpai.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... -hair.html
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube