Anyone here a baseball fan?

BS about anything you like in here, as long as it's not TOO controversial

Moderators: Rob, Carlos

TwinChargers

Anyone here a baseball fan?

Post by TwinChargers »

Maybe once the season gets closer to starting, we could start up a fantasy baseball league if we get enough people who'd wanna play. If not, I would at the very least know who to talk ball with once the season starts. Who's in?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Jakenut86

Re: Anyone here a baseball fan?

Post by Jakenut86 »

I used to watch baseball all the time but haven't had the time to in the last few years. I think I'll hopefully have time to watch atleast a few games this year.
_________________________________________________________________________________

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Jakenut86 wrote:I used to watch baseball all the time but haven't had the time to in the last few years. I think I'll hopefully have time to watch atleast a few games this year.
What team were you a fan of, out of curiosity?

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

The Boston Red Sox. I used to live in Mass. and of course I always go for my home team :) now I live in ME and we don't have a team because this state sucks :) J/K I do like it here although it is fricking cold, so I still like the Red Sox :)

You?
_________________________________________________________________________________

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Count me in.

I live in Dallas, so I watch the Texas Rangers, but since management wants to blow money on washed up, has been players instead of decent pitching, we're always out of contention three months into the season. I'm more of a Yankees fan though. I'm not a band wagon jumper like most fans though. I've been a fan of the Yankees since the days of Don "The Hit Man" Mattingly. That, and I love the history of the team. Babe Ruth, Yogi Berra, Lou Gerhig, Joe DiMaggio, and of course Mickey Mantle. I was very fortunate to meet Mantle in my youth at a baseball card convention, and will never forget it.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Well, as my name implies, I'm a Twins fan. Have been all my life. I like how they are built on there strong farm system and don't necessarily have to rely on free agency to win games. Really like there team this upcoming season, and think they got a good chance to win the division if they can hold off the Indians.

I'm really looking forward to this upcoming season. Will all the spending that the Red Sox and Yankees keep them atop the AL East, and will Tampa be as good as they were last season? (I think they could be even better!) How about the West where Billy Beane is loading up the A's for another division title?
What about all the moves that the Giants are making? Is it enough for them to win once again in the West? Is this the year the Cubs finally make it to the World Series? What about the big spending Mets? Are they gonna be competition to the world champion Phillies?

Yeah, I'm anxious for the upcoming season.

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:Maybe once the season gets closer to starting, we could start up a fantasy baseball league if we get enough people who'd wanna play. If not, I would at the very least know who to talk ball with once the season starts. Who's in?
I'm a HUGE baseball fan. NY Yankees all the way in '09! :wav:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:Well, as my name implies, I'm a Twins fan. Have been all my life. I like how they are built on there strong farm system and don't necessarily have to rely on free agency to win games. Really like there team this upcoming season, and think they got a good chance to win the division if they can hold off the Indians.

I'm really looking forward to this upcoming season. Will all the spending that the Red Sox and Yankees keep them atop the AL East, and will Tampa be as good as they were last season? (I think they could be even better!) How about the West where Billy Beane is loading up the A's for another division title?
What about all the moves that the Giants are making? Is it enough for them to win once again in the West? Is this the year the Cubs finally make it to the World Series? What about the big spending Mets? Are they gonna be competition to the world champion Phillies?

Yeah, I'm anxious for the upcoming season.
Is Kirby your favorite Twin of all-time? He was an awesome player. A tragedy what happened to him.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

I suppose Kirby could be my favorite Twin all time. When I was Younger I also liked Gary Gaetti and Kent Hrbek. In my teens I was a real big Chuck Knoblauch fan and learned to respect Brad Radke. Nowadays I like Carlos Gomez , Fransisco Liriano and Delmon Young.

Oh and I despise the Yankees, especially since we can't seem to beat you in the playoffs. No worries, I hate the White Sox significantly more.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:I suppose Kirby could be my favorite Twin all time. When I was Younger I also liked Gary Gaetti and Kent Hrbek. In my teens I was a real big Chuck Knoblauch fan and learned to respect Brad Radke. Nowadays I like Carlos Gomez , Fransisco Liriano and Delmon Young.

Oh and I despise the Yankees, especially since we can't seem to beat you in the playoffs. No worries, I hate the White Sox significantly more.
I was a big Kirby fan. Very popular guy in his day. Did you like Rick Aguilera too? My all-time favorite player growing up was Don Mattingly. For non-Yankees, Mark McGwire was my favorite. Current favorite is Derek Jeter. Yes, he can do no wrong to us Yankee fans. :)

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Don "The Hit Man: Mattingly FTW!!!! :occasion14:

nectarsis

Post by nectarsis »

Milwaukee Brewers baby :headbang: :occasion14: Worked for em from 93-96 great job :)
http://www.risingstuff.com/index.php
GREAT retrp import gaimg forum & store

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

nectarsis wrote:Milwaukee Brewers baby :headbang: :occasion14: Worked for em from 93-96 great job :)
What did you do for them? I swear, anything related to baseball to me would be a dream job.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Well, I set up the fantasy league for anyone who wants to join. Here's a link to where you can sign in-

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... t?.scrumb=

The League ID# is 97801 and the password is classicgamer

Let the fantasy baseball face-off begin!!

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Bump for the newer members!

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Yikes, there's only 3 interested in the Zap! Fantasy Baseball League. I'd say we need atleast double that to have a somewhat successful league. If anybody else wants to join, be sure to do it soon. Only about a month away until the season starts. The draft is on March 24th at 8:30PM CST.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:Yikes, there's only 3 interested in the Zap! Fantasy Baseball League. I'd say we need atleast double that to have a somewhat successful league. If anybody else wants to join, be sure to do it soon. Only about a month away until the season starts. The draft is on March 24th at 8:30PM CST.
I've actually never been in a fantasy league. I always wanted to, but never got around. I have friends who highly recomend it.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

So how about those Yankees? 10 games over .500, and a game ahead of Boston. Captain Jeter is hitting .319! :tanooki:

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Opening Day is tonight! On prime-time the Yankees will play the Red Sox. Who's looking forward to the season?