Wall Mount Arcade games

Coin-op discussion

Moderator: megasdkirby

IG-88

Wall Mount Arcade games

Post by IG-88 »

Hi all. I am looking for some inspiration to build myself a couple wall mount arcades and wanted to see if anyone had some pictures I could look at. Plans would be fantastic but I really don't expect any. I have a few pics I pulled off of Google of course, was just looking for any others I may find.

thanks.

hoaryhag

Re: Wall Mount Arcade games

Post by hoaryhag »

Are you talking video games here? And if so, is it going to be jamma or a unique dedicated cab kinda thing.

IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Sorry this took me so long to respond too. I must not of had the settings turned on correctly.

What I will probably do is a dedicated vertical mame cab or something similar. Heres a pic of what I'm talking about. I really like these for some reason.
Attachments
933835-6bc9_12.JPG
933835-6bc9_12.JPG (29.82 KiB) Viewed 7741 times

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Hey, any updates on this? I think it would be amazing to mount an arcade game into a wall, but also not easy. If you have the talent, go for it!
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Yes and no. I kind-of put this on the back burner until I got some more details. I did however receive alot of pictures and measurements over the last several weeks so I have a pretty good idea what I want to do.

One thing that has been eluding me is getting small enough CRT's to fit the cabinets. I really don't want to go the easy route with LCD's as I don't like the looks of them. PC's really only go down to 15" and those are a little too big (front to back) and while small TV's will work the interface from PC to TV is a little more complicated and expensive for just basic games.

I haven't given up tho! I will probably pick this project back up later this winter when I finish some currents ones. :running: