Akumajo Dracula (Castlevania) The Arcade

Coin-op discussion

Moderator: megasdkirby

Carlos

Akumajo Dracula (Castlevania) The Arcade

Post by Carlos »

http://kotaku.com/5156171/castlevania-a ... d-in-japan

Looks really cool from the trailer. Looks like House of the Dead meets Castlevania. Too bad it will probably never see the light of day here in America :(

Rob

Re: Akumajo Dracula (Castlevania) The Arcade

Post by Rob »

Sadly I don't think it will. Arcade machines are a hard sell in the US nowadays, especially "gimmick" ones with expensive environments and controllers. House of the Dead (the most recent) despite being a well known franchise and a big arcade name, sold really poorly here because of the cost of the units.

With the "retro" revival a lot of arcades are picking up old machines or new "compilation" machines that have like ten or twelve titles. The good stuff seems to end up staying in Japan.

hoaryhag

Post by hoaryhag »

Looks pretty darn cool, even though I'm not usually into the first person thing. Arcades died in my area a long time ago. Big money for a dedicated cab like that and the price probably goes way up with overseas shipping. Teasin us, that's what they are doing. :Dog_Laughing:

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

I thought the topic was about Haunted Castle. :)

The game looks wicked...the most we can hope is for an arcade perfect port on either console...and if needed, to import it!

Jboypacman

Post by Jboypacman »

lol i thought this was about Haunted Castle too.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Any updates on this? Looks like it would be great with the upcoming PlayStation Move.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube