What is this Pac-Man tabletop system?

Dedicated handheld/tabletop gaming discussion that have their game(s) built-in and do not accept media

Moderator: Carlos

Zap!
Zap! Commander

What is this Pac-Man tabletop system?

Post by Zap! »

Never seen anything like this before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0333194415

One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

TwinChargers

Re: What is this Pac-Man tabletop system?

Post by TwinChargers »

That thing is really tiny. Its definitely not a tabletop, but more of a handheld. Department stores sold these things a few years back, before I became more of a "hardcore" collector. I think you twist the joystick in to the front of it, and there's a compartment in the back to hold that said joystick. Is obviously of the LED variety of games. I don't remember Pac-Man off the top of my head, but I distinctly remember Missile Command and Breakout I believe. At the time they were worth no more than $15.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:That thing is really tiny. Its definitely not a tabletop, but more of a handheld. Department stores sold these things a few years back, before I became more of a "hardcore" collector. I think you twist the joystick in to the front of it, and there's a compartment in the back to hold that said joystick. Is obviously of the LED variety of games. I don't remember Pac-Man off the top of my head, but I distinctly remember Missile Command and Breakout I believe. At the time they were worth no more than $15.
Do you remember how long ago you seen them and which stores? I can't say I have, and searched and could not find them anywhere for sale other than here. I'd like one, but that one on eBay doesn't have the box or anything special. Are they rare? Should I bother bidding? :pacmaneats:

Edit: I think these are them, but they apparently don't ship outside Canada! :angry4.gif:

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/SearchRe ... &pagenum=0
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Those in question that you posted a link to are indeed the ones I remember. They defiantly in my opinion not worth $30. I'd say $20 at an absolute max, $15 is atleast somewhat reasonable, and there suggested retail price. Anything $10 and lower I'd say your doing alright. I saw them at places like Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart... I think even Walgreens. This was a few years ago though. I thought they looked cool as a novelty item, but they looked like they'd be a real pain in the ass to play.

cubelindo

Post by cubelindo »

I was curious about it also & I suppose you already found the somewhere else but... they are for sale on Amazon too

Man i DO love these smilies :mariohammer:

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

cubelindo wrote:I was curious about it also & I suppose you already found the somewhere else but... they are for sale on Amazon too

Man i DO love these smilies :mariohammer:
Thanks for the link, I'm going to order those. I still can't find the Pac-Man one though.

And welcome to the board! If there's one thing to brag about, it's the smilies. :harry_jump:

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

cubelindo wrote:I was curious about it also & I suppose you already found the somewhere else but... they are for sale on Amazon too

Super Breakout looks like the Microvision's graphics!! :rofl2:

Yes, the smilies definitely kick butt :atari-logo: :sonicthehedgehog2:
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Darryl B. wrote:

Super Breakout looks like the Microvision's graphics!! :rofl2:

Yes, the smilies definitely kick butt :atari-logo: :sonicthehedgehog2:
That's a great price, I'm probably going to go ahead and order it. If nothing else, it'll look great on display.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Super Breakout one. I guess it was on sale or something, because it was $10-something shipped. The thing is TINY! Maybe 4" high standing up! But I have a major, major gripe. In order to take it out, I have to rip and destroy the packaging, like a PS3 controller/remote. I DESPISE packaging like this with a passion! I am anti-destruction, so now I'm not even gonna open it. I can't. No way can I have it with a destroyed box. Err, I'm so angry, I wanna play this! :angry4.gif:

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

Can't you use one of those cd-opener deals for the package? Might work...

Yeah, I hate those damn packages too...could do some major cutting damage to your skin if you're not careful.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Darryl B. wrote:Can't you use one of those cd-opener deals for the package? Might work...

Yeah, I hate those damn packages too...could do some major cutting damage to your skin if you're not careful.
CD-opener? I haven't heard of those, what are they? I just might buy another one to play this.

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

It's basically a little plastic dealie with like a razor blade or something in it, good for opening up those annoying encased newly bought dvds from a store. Think they're like five bucks or something, maybe not even that much (not including postage though, probably).

I'd assume they can cut through that plastic crap too.

Here's one, for instance. Don't know if the cyberguys website can be trusted, but just look around and do some research, of course. I'd give those a shot.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

So out of curiosity, did you open the Breakout?

Oh, and I told you that they are small.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:So out of curiosity, did you open the Breakout?

Oh, and I told you that they are small.
Never opened it, it's sitting in my display. Yes, you did say they were small but I didn't think they were this tiny. :)