Nintendo Mini Classics

Dedicated handheld/tabletop gaming discussion that have their game(s) built-in and do not accept media

Moderator: Carlos

User avatar
TwinChargers
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:19 am
Location: Minnesota

Nintendo Mini Classics

Postby TwinChargers » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:48 am

I've seen at my local Walmart these-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Mini_Classics

They have quite a few of them, and they have already been clearanced down to $5. I suspect that in given time they will get clearanced down even more, but have you guys seen these before and can I get a recommendation if they are worth $5? They have Super Mario Bros., Mario's Cement Factory, Carrera, and Donkey Kong Jr. for sure. Thoughts?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

User avatar
Zap!
Zap! Commander
Posts: 1693
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:37 am
Location: Staten Island, New York
Contact:

Re: Nintendo Mini Classics

Postby Zap! » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:10 pm

TwinChargers wrote:I've seen at my local Walmart these-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Mini_Classics

They have quite a few of them, and they have already been clearanced down to $5. I suspect that in given time they will get clearanced down even more, but have you guys seen these before and can I get a recommendation if they are worth $5? They have Super Mario Bros., Mario's Cement Factory, Carrera, and Donkey Kong Jr. for sure. Thoughts?


I personally think anything gaming-related is pretty much worth at least $5, especially something like those. See if you cn get a deal if you buy them all.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
TwinChargers
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:19 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Nintendo Mini Classics

Postby TwinChargers » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:20 pm

Ter wrote:
TwinChargers wrote:I've seen at my local Walmart these-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Mini_Classics

They have quite a few of them, and they have already been clearanced down to $5. I suspect that in given time they will get clearanced down even more, but have you guys seen these before and can I get a recommendation if they are worth $5? They have Super Mario Bros., Mario's Cement Factory, Carrera, and Donkey Kong Jr. for sure. Thoughts?


I personally think anything gaming-related is pretty much worth at least $5, especially something like those. See if you cn get a deal if you buy them all.


Does a place like Walmart even do things like that, making special deals and all? If it was a swap meet I would, but Walmart?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

User avatar
Zap!
Zap! Commander
Posts: 1693
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:37 am
Location: Staten Island, New York
Contact:

Re: Nintendo Mini Classics

Postby Zap! » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:38 pm

TwinChargers wrote:
Ter wrote:
TwinChargers wrote:I've seen at my local Walmart these-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Mini_Classics

They have quite a few of them, and they have already been clearanced down to $5. I suspect that in given time they will get clearanced down even more, but have you guys seen these before and can I get a recommendation if they are worth $5? They have Super Mario Bros., Mario's Cement Factory, Carrera, and Donkey Kong Jr. for sure. Thoughts?


I personally think anything gaming-related is pretty much worth at least $5, especially something like those. See if you cn get a deal if you buy them all.


Does a place like Walmart even do things like that, making special deals and all? If it was a swap meet I would, but Walmart?


My mistake, I didn't read the Walmart part, I thought it was at a thrift shop or something. Just buy the one that most interests you. If it's cool, see what else they have. If not, I'm sure someone will give you a few dollars for it. I myself have been looking for a miny Atari joystick keychain. It has games built-in. Ever see one of these? :joystick:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
TwinChargers
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:19 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Nintendo Mini Classics

Postby TwinChargers » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:15 am

I own the complete set of the Atari Keychains NIP. They are a very novel idea, but they didn't work all that well. I bought doubles of one of the joysticks so I could open one, played it once or twice and that was it. I think the joystick broke at the base and I'm not at all violent/rough with my video game stuff. I pressed it back together and it hasn't been used since. It looks neat sitting next to a regular joystick though.

I'm just hoping that the quality of these Nintendo Mini Classics are a bit better. And I'm also hoping they get clearanced down a bit more. There were a ton of them and in the strangest place, the lawn and garden area!?! Maybe if they fall to $3 I'll splurge and buy one of each of them too.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!