OMG! Awesome four grand gaming system! (not)

2005 to present, began with the Xbox 360 and continued with the PlayStation 3 and Wii
Darryl B.

OMG! Awesome four grand gaming system! (not)

Post by Darryl B. »

Normally I wouldn't bother copying and pasting a news article, but one, it's on Yahoo, which their stories disappear in no time flat, and two, this is just too damn funny to miss!

$4k games console could be most expensive yet

by Mike Smith

Meet the $4000 gaming system.

With both the Xbox 360 and PS3 trimming their price tags this month, economic pressures are driving console prices down -- but that seems to have escaped the attention of the makers of this $4,000 gaming behemoth.

The JVL Encore HD offers an integrated 22" LCD touchscreen, a hi-fi audio system, overhead lighting, a coin slot, and a selection of over 130 games, although if you're looking for Halo, Mario Kart or Madden, you'll be disappointed. It's a home version of commercial bar-top puzzle game machines, and offers "gem-swapping puzzles, poker matches, Sudoku challenges and trivia-based digital diversions," according to USA Today's Game Hunters.

Game Hunters also liked the system's flashy looks and its thumping five-speaker sounds, but its basic graphics aren't going to impress gamers used to machines made in the last few years, and surprisingly (for a machine that boasts the HD moniker) only 11 of its games are in high definition.

Now, onto the best part here:

Still, if you're feeling flush, and looking for something to give your games room the professional touch, you can pick it up exclusively at Amazon, and you won't even have to pay to ship the 38lb monster. But to set it in perspective, for that money you could buy an Xbox 360, a Wii, a PS3, a DS, a PSP, a thousand-dollar TV, a thousand-dollar sound system, and you'd still have nearly a grand to spend on games, pizza, and recliners. Not a tough choice for most people, we think.

Major laughs with that last paragraph. Good wrap-up on a joke of a system that makes you go 'wtf?' (which the 'w' stands for 'why?' in this case: WHY the f(*# make such a thing?)
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Rob

Re: OMG! Awesome four grand gaming system! (not)

Post by Rob »

Whoo hoo! Count me in. :Dog_Laughing:

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: OMG! Awesome four grand gaming system! (not)

Post by Zap! »

I bet the Halcyon outsells this. :) In 20 years, it will be interesting discussion, as only the gaming elite will have heard of it.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube