Why does ExciteBots suck so bad!?!

2005 to present, began with the Xbox 360 and continued with the PlayStation 3 and Wii
Golden Beast Studios

Why does ExciteBots suck so bad!?!

Post by Golden Beast Studios »

ExciteTruck was a fun solid launch game that did a fine job of honoring the original ExciteBike while exploring the uses of the Wii remote when Wii game development was still new. If you have a Wii, I recommend it, it's not the best thing ever, but it's worth playing.

ExciteBot Trick Racing on the other hand, I just don't know what the hell happened. I bought it because I enjoyed ExciteTruck so much that I thought it was a sure thing. Man, I didn't know things could go so horribly wrong. It's a complete disaster. I've only played it 2 hours, but damn, it's the worst. I'll try and make this brief:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1) Unfocused: Instead of improving the "Excite" franchise as a racing game, someone got the idea of making the franchise more like Mario Kart. So instead of focusing on the things that made the ExciteTruck fun and improving on them, developers added a bunch of half baked gameplay elements that don't enhance the game in any way. All their time was spent on things that made the game less fun.

2) Unloved: It seems that no one really spent any time making ExciteBots. It's the same engine and nearly identical tracks to ExciteTruck with a bunch of junk piled on top that completely shatters the rythem of the game and robs it of any cohesiveness. If anyone cared, they may have tried to correct these huge flaws, but making deadlines seems to have taken precident over quality.

3) Untalented: The game design is just plain bad. The walk animations for the bot characters are barely passable, and the music... the music is something no one should ever have to listen to.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not so short I suppose :P Apologies to any who liked this game, I just had to rant a bit lol.
Check out our games at www.goldenbeaststudios.com

Rob

Re: Why does ExciteBots suck so bad!?!

Post by Rob »

I never played anything beyond Excitebike, so I can't comment.

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Glad I read your review. I was looking into buying it soon. I loved ExciteTrucks and thought ExciteBots (while wacky and taking a lot from Mario Kart) looked fun too. Still though, like Rob said, nothing beats the original. :excitebike: :excitebike: :excitebike:

Golden Beast Studios

Post by Golden Beast Studios »

Then my work here is done lol. I would of loved to see a track editor for the newer Excite titles. Funny how the original has more features than it's sequals :P
Check out our games at www.goldenbeaststudios.com