Anyone have a Wii?

2005 to present, began with the Xbox 360 and continued with the PlayStation 3 and Wii
Zap!
Zap! Commander

Anyone have a Wii?

Post by Zap! »

I'm REALLY looking forward to this:

One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

TwinChargers

Re: Anyone have a Wii?

Post by TwinChargers »

I don't own any of the current gen systems yet, but if I did pick one up, it would probably be the Wii. I too would have great interest in playing a new Punch Out. How they didn't put one out on the 64 or Gamecube boggles the mind. Great franchise to bring back.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I have a Wii, but currently the only Wii game I've been playing is Animal Crossing: City Folk. The game is crazy addictive like the GC and DS versions.

But to be honest, I getting more use out of the VC. I've been play a lot of Metroid and Dracula's Curse lately.

Then again, games that are on the way like Deadly Creatures, House of the Dead: Overkill, Madworld, The Conduit, and the new Punch-Out look very promising.

Mike_302

Post by Mike_302 »

I had a Wii but I didn't play it much compared to the 360, punch out does look fun though.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

That isn't the actual box art, is it? I personally wouldn't want to play as King Hippo. And it looks like they are only bringing up characters from the SNES version of Punch Out. I'd definitely want a bunch of new characters and a mix of the older ones.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:That isn't the actual box art, is it? I personally wouldn't want to play as King Hippo. And it looks like they are only bringing up characters from the SNES version of Punch Out. I'd definitely want a bunch of new characters and a mix of the older ones.
No, that was a mock-up box before the game was even announced. From what I understand, all the classic fighters are in it, including Little Mac. Wondering if he's Big Mac yet... :king_hippo:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Golden Beast Studios

Post by Golden Beast Studios »

I have a Wii with plenty of games. I also look forward to Punch Out Wii, it should be awesome! I've actually been playing the original on the virtual console :)
Check out our games at www.goldenbeaststudios.com

RegalSin
Banned

Post by RegalSin »

Well thank you for ruin my breakfast, with thhat cheap immitation hippo.

Yes it would be nice to play KH
Just walk away and you can live. Just walk away and it all can be over. Dont bother responding.

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

I have a Wii, and unfortunately it was a wrong investment for me.

It's a good console, just doesn't attract me. Even with the softmod exploit...it still doesn't hold my interest.

Maybe I just need a very good game. :)

Golden Beast Studios

Softmod? I'm so out of touch lol.

If you're looking for a solid game on Wii look no further than Mario Galaxy. It's flashy and has the gameplay to back it up. In the event you're not interested in a mario title, here's a brief list of games worth playing on Wii.

1) Resident Evil the Umbrella Chronicles
2) Megaman 9 (Wiiware)
3) Pikmin (Wii new controls)
4) Wii Play
5) Excite Tuck
6) Marble Mania
7) Mercury Meltdown Revolution

None of these games are over the top awesome, but they are good :) Can anyone recomend any X-Box 360 titles for me? The only game I have is Street Fighter 4, and for the record, SF4 is WEAK!!! CVS2 is far better!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Golden Beast Studios wrote:Softmod? I'm so out of touch lol.

If you're looking for a solid game on Wii look no further than Mario Galaxy. It's flashy and has the gameplay to back it up. In the event you're not interested in a mario title, here's a brief list of games worth playing on Wii.

1) Resident Evil the Umbrella Chronicles
2) Megaman 9 (Wiiware)
3) Pikmin (Wii new controls)
4) Wii Play
5) Excite Tuck
6) Marble Mania
7) Mercury Meltdown Revolution

None of these games are over the top awesome, but they are good :) Can anyone recomend any X-Box 360 titles for me? The only game I have is Street Fighter 4, and for the record, SF4 is WEAK!!! CVS2 is far better!
I don't see Twilight Princess on that list! :D :Link_slash:

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

I was bored and checked how many Wii games I have...

For a person who doesn't like the Wii, I have around 30 games! :Pacman_left:

I hope to play Twilight Princess soon. Heard it was fantastic. :)

Golden Beast Studios

I wasn't really that crazy about Twighlight Princess. I think Nintendo caught a lot of flack for making Link too kiddie in Wind Waker (rightfully so), and then tried to go back to having Link an adult, but some of the charm was lost in the process. The whole wolf thing was a cool idea, but there were definately some missed oportunites there. The wolf didn't retract from the game, it just didn't contribute much either. The horse-back battles were awesome though, and the dungeons did not dissapoint. it's not perfect but is still worth playing for any Zelda fan. :triforce:

Jibbajaba

Post by Jibbajaba »

I don't have a Wii, and am not that interested in getting one. The Wii is a cool system, but it isn't for me. The virtual console is really cool, but I play on the original hardware, so I don't need to buy the same game over again. The prospect of a new Punch Out!! game is cool, but I'm sure you are going to have to actually air-punch with those controls in your hands, and that's not my thing. If the game ends up being cool, I'll rent it the next time I go home to visit my mom, since she has a Wii.

Chris

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Golden Beast Studios wrote:I wasn't really that crazy about Twighlight Princess. I think Nintendo caught a lot of flack for making Link too kiddie in Wind Waker (rightfully so), and then tried to go back to having Link an adult, but some of the charm was lost in the process. The whole wolf thing was a cool idea, but there were definately some missed oportunites there. The wolf didn't retract from the game, it just didn't contribute much either. The horse-back battles were awesome though, and the dungeons did not dissapoint. it's not perfect but is still worth playing for any Zelda fan. :triforce:
I don't know. I had a total blast from start to finish. It's a little long for my tastes, but I thought it was possibly the best Zelda game yet.
Jibbajaba wrote:I don't have a Wii, and am not that interested in getting one. The Wii is a cool system, but it isn't for me. The virtual console is really cool, but I play on the original hardware, so I don't need to buy the same game over again. The prospect of a new Punch Out!! game is cool, but I'm sure you are going to have to actually air-punch with those controls in your hands, and that's not my thing. If the game ends up being cool, I'll rent it the next time I go home to visit my mom, since she has a Wii.
The Wii game has the option to use regular controls. You can also fight your friend via split screen. I'm gonna pre-order this as I can't wait. :littlemac:

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

It's one thing to bump this up to see if any new posters will add to it, but then...my MOM just got a Wii :variousd:

Actually this isn't TOO surprising, since she's been jogging for years and years. Once she retired, she joined a local YMCA because she said she always wanted to go a place like that and take certain exercise classes. She remarked the other day about an ad for the Wii being $200 and asked if that was a good price (I didn't know, since I don't know what they regularly cost anyway), but then when she was at Wal-Mart today and saw a line and asked someone what it was for, it was for Wiis for only $200, although $50 of that price was for some kind of free stuff, or maybe $50 off your next Wii purchase, I forget. So yeah, we have one now. She said it was a spur of the moment thing, although she wants the grandson to get more exercise than he's been getting in the last year or two (which isn't a lot, although I'll stress he isn't fat or anything though). I might hook it up later tonight if she hasn't.

It's the bundle that came with Wii sports. I'm not into many sports games, but it's got bowling, which I've always liked and have wanted to try that ever since I've only developed a so-so interest in this console (nothing against Nintendo or anything, just have the same feeling several others have on here where they're not really interested). I've always liked that. I'll probably try the baseball too, not really interested in the others. Plus I heard there's some mini-games too, something about bowling in an area where there's literally 100 pins! :D

So yeah, looks like I'll be playing something current after all. I can't promise I'll go out and buy a game or two for myself to play even though this isn't my console though, but who knows...
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

I think it's wonderful that your mom bought a Wii. She should have a lot of fun with it, particularly the game that it includes, Wii Sports. There is also a fun Tennis game included there that I like. I think you should try the sequel, Wii Sports Resort. It has many more games, and includes the Motion+ add-on (gives 360 degree motion to certain games made for it).

I'm really surprised you haven't had a Wii yet. Are you a fan of Nintendo classic like Mario and Zelda?

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

Ter wrote:She should have a lot of fun with it, particularly the game that it includes, Wii Sports. There is also a fun Tennis game included there that I like. I think you should try the sequel, Wii Sports Resort. It has many more games, and includes the Motion+ add-on (gives 360 degree motion to certain games made for it).
Well, she just got more stuff for it this morning :D She got whatever that board/'get fit' thingy is, along with an extra controller package with Wii Play with several more games on there. So we're pretty well set for quite a while for Wii stuff :)
Ter wrote:I'm really surprised you haven't had a Wii yet.
Well obviously you don't know much about my personal and financial situations, like having to move back in with mentally ill parents and taking care of their legal shit. I'm finally down to their last mess. I haven't worked in over two years, and I know how to get work on the hidden job market, making resumes (learned that at an outplacement center I worked at), etc., so it's none of that. And yes, I'm leaving out tons of details.

I have no current consoles; the "newest" of the ones I'll probably be getting in the next year would be the GBA and the PS2 (as I mentioned on another thread). That's why most of my gaming-related posts as far as recently-acquired stuff have been mostly Vectrex Vectrex Vectrex and two Jakks units, since they can come with many games each. So I have to stretch what few dollars I have here and there.

Even though I'm leaving out a lot of details that's pretty much it in a nutshell.
Ter wrote:Are you a fan of Nintendo classic like Mario and Zelda?
No, and not because I haven't liked them, I've just barely played any of them, really. Hadn't played a Zelda game ever (yeah I know, I deserve to be shot or sued or something :P ). Just played the Super Mario World on the NES that my cousin had many many moons ago, that's about it. Never knew any 'real' friends (i. e. in person, not over the internet) that had the NES or SNES or anything like that. So it's not like I'm 'anti-Nintendo' or anything like that...just had too much of a sheltered life I guess!
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi