I got a PS3 today

2005 to present, began with the Xbox 360 and continued with the PlayStation 3 and Wii
Zap!
Zap! Commander

I got a PS3 today

Post by Zap! »

On Thursday, I found an empty PS3 80 gig box. I took it home, and all the instructions were also in there. I figured I could now find a used PS3 without a box, since the box adds value. Today, I picked up an 80 gig PS3 for $230 on Craigslist. It was the older 80 gig model, and plays PS2 games. It just came with the system, power cord, and HDMI cable. No controller or games. I plugged in a PS2/PS3 style USB controller, and it actually works. I reset all options, and preformed a system update. I also signed up for the PS Network. Everything seems to work ok. I can't test any PS3 games or Blu-Ray disks, as I don't have any yet. But DVD and PS1 and PS2 games work fine.

So, is there anything else I need to know? :pslogo:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Rob

Re: I got a PS3 today

Post by Rob »

I wish I could help you, but not only do I not own one, I don't know anybody that does!

It's a shame, too. I figured that it would have caught on by now. I haven't got that or a 360 yet, and I don't know which one to get. Most of the games I want to play are on the 360, but I don't want to put any money into Microsofts pocket until they learn how to fix the 360 to where it doesn't self destruct after 12 months.

Good score BTW! I have yet to see a decent deal on a used PS3 on my local CL.

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

I also don't have a PS3. I had a 360 but it got the RROD and I got rid of it, so I don't suggest getting one until you know they wont brake.
_________________________________________________________________________________

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Nice score I suppose. This generation has to be one of the worst in a long time. I cannot see myself ever getting a 360 just because of the RROD and the fact I like to keep my systems past the point of support. The PS3 currently is still way too expensive and there are no real titles that jump out at me to want one. The Wii seems like a so-so system. It might be fun, but I can't see myself liking the controls a whole lot. If there ever was a generation that needed a new company to come and make a new system, its this one.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I got a PS3 for Christmas and sold it after a month. There's just no real quality games for it right now. The top games available for it are also available on the 360. The only exception is Little Big Planet. That game is a blast, especially if you have other people to play with. The Dark Knight is a must have on Blu-Ray.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

SegaBoy wrote:I got a PS3 for Christmas and sold it after a month. There's just no real quality games for it right now. The top games available for it are also available on the 360. The only exception is Little Big Planet. That game is a blast, especially if you have other people to play with. The Dark Knight is a must have on Blu-Ray.
I am really looking foward to the Sega Genesis Collection, Street Fighter IV (both out last week), and Resident Evil 5 (out next month). Come to think of it, all are out on the 360. Still, I chose the PS3 because of the Blu-Ray, and the ability to play PS2 games (at least on my 80 gig model).
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

SegaBoy wrote:I got a PS3 for Christmas and sold it after a month. There's just no real quality games for it right now. The top games available for it are also available on the 360. The only exception is Little Big Planet. That game is a blast, especially if you have other people to play with. The Dark Knight is a must have on Blu-Ray.
How about MLB 2009: The Show? That's exclusive for the PS3. God of War 3 will be another, but that's a long way from release.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Ter wrote:
How about MLB 2009: The Show? That's exclusive for the PS3. God of War 3 will be another, but that's a long way from release.
I believe that The Show will also be released on the PS2 also, although it might not be as fancy looking as the PS3.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:
Ter wrote:
I believe that The Show will also be released on the PS2 also, although it might not be as fancy looking as the PS3.
I'd still count it as exclusive as long as it stays in the family, and doesn't go on a competing next-gen system. I will get it the first day, can't wait.

I hated it in the late 80's, but now I kinda miss the days when virtually all games were exclusive to that system. At least it gave us customers a real choice as to which system to buy, as they all stood out.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

About a month ago I did a stupid thing. I bought a used 80 gig PS3 (the one that is PS2 compatable) on Craigslist for $230. Well, after a few days, it stopped playing all Blu-Ray's. It still played PS2 or PS1 games, but the system had to be off for an hour or two or it wouldn't regognize there was a disk in the system.

So I figured I'd send it to Sony, and hope they don't charge more than the initial $150 just to look at it. I filled out the online form and said it was bought on March 1, 2008 (just a random date), and they sent me a box two days later (free shipping). It included a sheet of paper that said to explain the problem, include the reciept (that I didn't have of course, yada yada).

I dropped the box of at UPS, and a few days later I got e-mail conformation saying they recieved it, and it takes up to 10 days. The very next day I got an email saying it was shipped back to me via second day air! I thought the worst, that Sony saw there was no reciept and just sent it back. I called Sony and asked them what was up, and the guy said "they either repaired it or sent you a new one."

Two days later, I recieved my PS3 with a free 90 day warrantee, and it works like a charm! No questions asked about the reciept! I didn't have to pay $1! Is this just Sony being nice, or did I get uber-lucky? Did the employee forget to look for a reciept? Has anything like this ever happened to you?

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

I think it's Karma, don't ask, just enjoy!
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD