Rumor: Potential Zelda Wii Details Leaked

2005 to present, began with the Xbox 360 and continued with the PlayStation 3 and Wii
Zap!
Zap! Commander

Rumor: Potential Zelda Wii Details Leaked

Post by Zap! »

Zelda rumors often make their way around the internet with a certain frequency and 99% of the time they turn out to be total nonsense. But given the source of this supposed ‘leak’ then it perhaps merits our attention.

The below information originates from the somewhat infamous Japanese internet forum 2chan. Amongst other things, they are known being a semi reputable source for leaks that have come to be proven true having previously being the source of proven rumors concerning Wind Waker, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid IV, Resident Evil 4 and many others. So I’d advise to take note of these details but to do so with the traditional helping of salt. Also bear in mind that these details, even if true, are apt to change further along in development of the game.

- The game will be vary from the dungeon field dungeon method we are accustomed too (Already stated by Zelda director Eiji Aonuma).
- You will be able to select right or left handed at the start, and Link will be left or right handed based on your selection.
- The gameplay and basic mechanics are complete.
- They are currently polishing up the story and Characters.
- One of the characters they are working on is a innkeeper in Link’s home village who has a son that looks up to Link.
- The girl in the art is not the Master Sword, and it appears the Master Sword will not be in the game.
- The girls name from the painting could possibly be Adelle, Adella, or Aderu.
- Adelle communicates with you through this sword.
- She is not with you throughout the game like previous ‘companions’ i.e. Ezlo and Midna.
- The face in the painting of her is not her real face.
- Link’s sword is highly unique in this game, and will have several unlockable abilities.
- There will be horseback combat.
- Epona will avoid obstacles automatically.
- The models for 3 significant characters in the game have been touched up, but not Zelda or Ganondorf apparently.
- The idea of this version of Link also being The Hero of Time has been highly considered, and may already be implemented.
- Time travel plays a roll in the game.
- The game takes place in more then just Hyrule, and may possibly not be Hyrule at all.

Hmm, there’s a fair amount to consider. The most interesting snippet is that the game may be revisiting the Hero of Time from Ocarina of Time. Which could prove to be very exciting but I was hoping the game would distance it self from OoT and establish it’s own identity. Especially after Twilight Princess felt very much like a re-hash of OoT.

The so far untitled ‘Zelda Wii’ is set for release either in late 2010 or early 2011. We’ll bring you more as we learn it.

http://site.video-game-central.com/blog ... #more-6572
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: Rumor: Potential Zelda Wii Details Leaked

Post by Zap! »

Imagine if it goes back to overhead, like the original and Link To The Past. Sort of like they made New Super Mario Bros. Wii go back to the original side scrolling. :Link_slash:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Evan

Re: Rumor: Potential Zelda Wii Details Leaked

Post by Evan »

Thanks for sharing the information and i think that this version will break records after its reveal and i am also waiting for it.