After Burner Climax Gets Downloadable Console Ports

2005 to present, began with the Xbox 360 and continued with the PlayStation 3 and Wii
Zap!
Zap! Commander

After Burner Climax Gets Downloadable Console Ports

Post by Zap! »

Sega announced today that home ports of 2006 arcade remake After Burner Climax are in the works for both the PS3 and Xbox 360. Both versions, which are due out this spring in Japan, will be download-exclusive and cost either 900 yen (PS3) or 800 MS points (360).

A modern update of Sega's classic 1987 game, After Burner Climax is an action-oriented shooter where you view the carnage from behind your fighter craft. The emphasis is on speed and thrills over staid simulation, and the remake includes a "Climax Mode" that essentially unlocks in-flight bullet time once you fill a gauge up to maximum.

The home port will feature a variety of unlockable options that let you fine-tune the game to your liking. You'll also be able to play the game using the original 1987 soundtrack, if you're one of those diehard Sega fanatics who never quite got over the 16-bit generation.

No word on a US release yet.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177665
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: After Burner Climax Gets Downloadable Console Ports

Post by Zap! »

Trailer is up!

[youtube][/youtube]
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

Wow, looks awesome! Should've shown a clip of the player's plane getting shot down at least once though :)
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Darryl B. wrote:Wow, looks awesome! Should've shown a clip of the player's plane getting shot down at least once though :)
I'll be downloading this for the PS3 as soon as it's released. Wonder how much it'll cost. $20?

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Well, it is out and available for download on the PS3 and Xbox 360. I downloaded it earlier for $9.99, and it is worth every penny. Lots of action and trophies, along with the music we all remember. Will be playing this for most of the day!