Zelda Sequel Confirmed For 2010 (other big news too)

2005 to present, began with the Xbox 360 and continued with the PlayStation 3 and Wii
Zap!
Zap! Commander

Zelda Sequel Confirmed For 2010 (other big news too)

Post by Zap! »

US, January 6, 2010 - You are now less than 365 days away from a new console Zelda game. Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata confirmed to Japan's Asahi Shimbun daily today that the Wii Zelda sequel, first revealed at last year's E3, will be released this year.

Iwata was pretty open for this particular interview. He also revealed that Nintendo will be announcing Vitality Sensor games in July, with an aim to release product as soon as possible (not very specific, for sure, but better than nothing!)

DS also got some mention. Actually, make that DS 2! Iwata told the paper that a successor to the DS would require high resolution visuals and sensors for detecting player motions.

He wouldn't share a time frame for the successor's release, though, instead pointing to the DS's success in 2009. According to Iwata, 2009 was DS's best year ever in North America.

Read more...
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

nathanallan1

Re: Zelda Sequel Confirmed For 2010 (other big news too)

Post by nathanallan1 »

Great to hear that Zelda will keep going, that storyline is a blast.

Motion controls for a DS? That I can live without. I think the idea came from the new Google phones (or maybe iPhones, too) they have all kinds of sensors in them; a lady showed me how her Google phone can be used as a level. For a DS imho it might be a bit of overkill.
http://www.gamegavel.com RULES!

Covering the world in Genesis goodness!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: Zelda Sequel Confirmed For 2010 (other big news too)

Post by Zap! »

nathanallan1 wrote:Great to hear that Zelda will keep going, that storyline is a blast.

Motion controls for a DS? That I can live without. I think the idea came from the new Google phones (or maybe iPhones, too) they have all kinds of sensors in them; a lady showed me how her Google phone can be used as a level. For a DS imho it might be a bit of overkill.
Depends. If it's slight motion like tilting the DS to the left or right for racing games, that'll work. I have The Touch Pro 2 cell phone with motion sensors, and it can be cool for certain games.

As for Zelda, I can't wait for a trailer. Hell, I would be happy if a plot was leaked. :linkwalkleft:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube